Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qlikuser22
Creator II
Creator II

QlikSense Nprinting Filters in Powerpoint

Hi

I am facing an issue when creating a PPT report. The problem is, I have 4 slides witht the same SheetID being used as an image. I have created separate filters as follows 1) Year = 2020 2) Nameofthecompany 3)Year = 2021 4) Month = 03.

I want to have one slide with Year =2020 and name of the company filter to be applied.

The next slide with Year = 2021 and name of the company filter to be applied. 

But I am not able to apply filters as there is the same sheetId is used for both the slides but I want separate answers for 2020 and 2021. If I remove one Year filter, it is working perfectly. 

The error message I recieve is " The preview quest failed. Filters applied to user and report define an empty set"

Note: I have created two different filters for year 2020 and 2021. 

Labels (2)
10 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

If you want separate reports for 2020 and 2021, you should consider using the cycle feature.

If you keep trying to do what you are doing you will continue to get the 'empty set' error as you are breaking filter rules.

Essentially you are causing an unselectible state resulting in an empty set and the subsequent report failure.

If you want data for 2020 report, then 2021 report, using cycling will give you that type of separate output.

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
qlikuser22
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thanks for your response. But I would like to do that in the same report. As it is used to show the comparison between 2020 and current 2021.

qlikuser22
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Let me make the question clear. I can't create a filter as Year with numeric value 2020 and 2021. This will filter both the years for a particular sheetID. I want one slide to filter 2020 and the next slide with 2021 for the same sheetID in the same report. I have used Numeric Value option to filter the year.

Frank_S
Support
Support

Yes I gotcha now.
I assume you are using powerpoint? or Excel...it is important to know which before I can explain.

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
qlikuser22
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Yes I mentioned. I am using Powerpoint. 

Thanks for your support.

Frank_S
Support
Support

Ok..I see PPTX.

See this article.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/February2021/Content/NPrinting/PowerPointReports/Pages-individ...

You should not need two separate report filters if you use the information above...

Try this and let us know...

Kind regards..

qlikuser22
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thanks for your reply. I am working on Qlik sense Nprinting. So I couldn't do that creating table box view. 

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

I suggest you to use object filters. You create a single filter, add the objects you need to a slide and add the filter to the objects. You can apply only one object filter per object and, if you want the same object in different slides with different filters, you have to add the object multiple times each one with a different filter. 

For more details about how filters work refer to https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/February2021/Content/NPrinting/ReportsDevelopment/Static-dynam...

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
qlikuser22
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thanks Ruggero. I tried this and it is working. But when I work with SheetID it is not working.