cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rcmuller
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

QlikView NPrinting 16 error No such interface supported

Just installed NPrinting 16.4 (tried with 16.8 as well) and can't even create a very simple connection.

I enter the QlikView document and when I try to Refresh the Object List it returns the error below.

NPrinting error.jpg

Tried with different documents in different folders without success.

Anyone with a similar experience?

Cheers,

Rob

5 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

did you install QlikView desktop and lease a license on the machine where you are trying to create connection?

make sure you are following all requirements:

Requirements for QlikView NPrinting 16.x.x.x versions only

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
rcmuller
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Hi Lech,

Yes, I do have QlikView installed and licensed and also had NPrinting previously installed a while ago and it used to work.

Now I reinstalled NPrinting (also licensed) and am getting this error.

Cheers,

Rob

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Are you using supported versions of QlikView? What is your version and SR?

Also why did you downgrade to 16.4 since you had 16.8?

cheers

LEch

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Roberto

I glanced at the error you mentioned - and it is likely to be linked to your OS not NPrinitng.

Just type in the error in google and see results - they might help you to resolve your problem.

cheers

Lech

--------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-14806. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

rcmuller
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Thanks all for the replies.

Tried to find other explanations for the "No such interface supported" message and it may be linked to the OS as pointed by Lech, however there are no specific fix as it may be related to different causes (Google gives "About 157,000,000 results").

Don't have the time nor patience to mock around trying to fix this, so I just gave up and installed in another machine where it worked fine.

Cheers,

Rob