We recently had an issue come up where NP hangs on a report. The Task Execution screen shows the last report that was generated but not the report that is currently being executed. This task had 74 reports and it finished 64 before our automated process aborted the task execution. The reports generate in a different order than when we look at the reports tab of the task which means we have no idea which report was hanging, or what NP was doing between the last "Plan branch execution completed" and the "Aborting task execution" entries.
|April 17, 2021 11:28:32 AM||Info||Starting publishing for task 7d1f7568-8897-4f69-94aa-6ab760783a53 report 4a5c3b0b-1f86-49bf-8c90-b7187fea1e9f user 26f0159a-d852-4923-9896-e591a3331584 file Report 9999|
|April 17, 2021 11:28:32 AM||Info||Finished publishing for task 7d1f7568-8897-4f69-94aa-6ab760783a53 report 4a5c3b0b-1f86-49bf-8c90-b7187fea1e9f user 26f0159a-d852-4923-9896-e591a3331584 file Report 9999|
|April 17, 2021 11:28:32 AM||Info||Plan branch execution completed|
|April 17, 2021 12:28:35 PM||Warn||Aborting task execution a3559de7-5058-4741-9ae0-6c2dfba5a9cb.|
Is there a way to force NP to either generate the "Starting" entry, or flush it if it is getting cached?
Reports will always generate in random order - you cannot change this. There is no way to do what you described as "starting"entry...
Is there a log file or anything that would indicate what NP was doing when the task was aborted? Can we turn up the logging level while a task runs to get additional information? We would just like any information available to know where to start troubleshooting.
regarding logs and loging levels relate to help document: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/February2021/Content/NPrinting/AdministeringQVNprinting/Loggin...
Loging level setting is the global setting for an environment and cannot be changed.
on the other hand - it seems like you are aborting this task manually. So in my mind there may be nothing wrong with the NPrinting and you are just interrupting it. Then obviously you have to take into account other things like:
In short firts I would made sure I have fully optimized QlikView side of things as this is usually 90% of the performance issue. Remaining 10% used to be NPrinting, but lately i actually think the ratio changed and 99% of issues is due to not optimal report objects and report build.