Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anilb1603
Contributor III
Contributor III

Windows Single sign on authentication in Nprinting

Hi Guys,

I have been working on Nprinting April 2018 version. The windows authentication is working and user is able logging into nprinting console/newsstand when he clicks on Windows login but user don't want to click on windows login every time he tried to log in instead he just want to go to nprinting automatically without clicking windows login by checking his windows authentication..

How could I enable or implement this in Nprinting?? 

I configured Nprinting to use windows authentication only in settings.

Any help would be appreciated..

Thanks,

Anil

8 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

I have not seen any option to skip this step in config files so i doubt it is possible. Would like to hear from experts...

@Ruggero_Piccoli - Ruggero, do you have any thoughts re this?

cheers!

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

First of all I suggest you to upgrade your Qlik NPrinting installation to latest version.

You need JWT or SAML (refer to https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/June2019/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/Authentication.... Of course you need a Qlik NPrinting version that support them).

With JWT you need a proxy that add the cookies to the connections.

With SAML if you are authenticated by the Identiy provider connecting to Qlik NPrinting will ask nothing. If you are not yet authenticated you need to login.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Anilb1603
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks @Ruggero_Piccoli ,

Yes, we are planning to do the upgrade but we don't want to go for JWT or SAML authentication. We just want to use windows authentication only as we are using same windows authentication in qlik sense.

But I don't know how windows authentication is working in qlik sense without asking to click on windows login every time we tries to login.

Can you provide me some explanation on how it is working in qlik sense??

Thanks,

Anil

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

I'm sorry but I don't know how Windows authentication is working on Qlik Sense. 

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Anilb1603
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hey Guys,

Can someone please guide me through how windows single sign on authentication works in qlik sense??

Thanks,

Anil

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Did you checked the Qlik Sense official help site?

I would also to suggest you to post the question on Qlik Sense community. I think you will have better possibilities to find an expert there.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
Anilb1603
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Yes I did Ruggero Piccoli, I found the information about windows authentication but I didn't find anything about how single sign on works in windows authentication..

I will post same in qlik sense site also..

Thanks..

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

SSO in windows authentication is configured by your group policies and has nothing to do with Qlik Sense or NPrinting.

In the internet settings you canconfigure how it needs to behave in Internet, Intranet, Trusted Sites, etc.. logins:

1.png

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.