Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fishydave1
Contributor
Contributor

Audit tables

I have successfully replicated data from one Oracle dB to another. The next task is to create audit tables from the replicated tables - this I have also achieved and successfully added additional audit fields 'change_seq' & 'change_oper'. my first question is can these be in uppercase (keep my DBA happy)? - I have looked at producing a global rule to 'Convert column name to uppercase' but as yet have not got this to work! My second question is that the audit tables are currently created in the same schema as their associated table (i.e. LOG.AIRBASES produces audit table  LOG.AIRBASES_ADT) - is there any way these can be produced at the top level (i.e. just AIRBASES_ADT)?

Labels (1)
2 Replies
SachinB
Support
Support

Hello @fishydave1 ,

Thanks for reaching out to Qlik Community forum!

These are default change table header columns and cannot be changed/modified.

Change Table columns 

Use the Rename Change Table schema to: [string] option to change the name of all Change Table schemas that you defined in the Transformation scope step to a different name. For example, if you have a Change Table schema called EMPLOYEE and want to change all instances of this name to EMP then enter the string EMP. You can enter any string in this field.

For more information you can follow below link for the same.

Rename Change Table Schema 

Hope this helps, Else you can create case we can work with together to rectify the issues.

Regards,

Sachin B

john_wang
Support
Support

Hello @fishydave1 ,

Welcome to Qlik Community forum and thanks for reaching out here!

>> my first question is can these be in uppercase (keep my DBA happy)? - I have looked at producing a global rule to 'Convert column name to uppercase' but as yet have not got this to work!

1. First of all, the transformation does not work for internal tables and internal control tables (eg attrep_apply_exceptions).

2. You may manually create the audit table with UPPER CASE identifiers including Table Name , and Columns Names , then specify the Table Name as below:

john_wang_0-1721057835334.png

Take note to enable the option "Keep old changes and store new changes in existing audit table". 

This approach works for me in Qlik Replicate 2024.5.

>> My second question is that the audit tables are currently created in the same schema as their associated table (i.e. LOG.AIRBASES produces audit table  LOG.AIRBASES_ADT) - is there any way these can be produced at the top level (i.e. just AIRBASES_ADT)?

You may use table level or global level transformation to rename the table.

Hope this helps.

John.

Help users find answers! Do not forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!