Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kamal0475
Contributor III
Contributor III

Can we install Qlik replicate on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 9.x(64-bit)

Can we install Qlik replicate on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 9.x(64-bit)

Labels (1)
3 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Dana_Baldwin
Support
Support

Hi @kamal0475 

R & D is in the process of certifying Red Hat Enterprise 9.x but it is still work in progress.

Thanks,

Dana

View solution in original post

john_wang
Support
Support

Hello @kamal0475 ,

Besides @Dana_Baldwin comment, I'd like to add more information about RHEL 9.x: There are some major changes between RHEL 8 and RHEL 9. For example the system folder "/etc/init.d" was not there by default in RHEL 9.x. However Replicate needs this folder (to put some script files) and that causes the installation failure. We may manually create the folder to 'fix' the issue however we need complete QA and certification by R&D. It's in progress now.

Hope this helps.

John.

Help users find answers! Do not forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!

SushilKumar
Support
Support

Hello team,

If our response has been helpful, please consider clicking "Accept as Solution". This will assist other users in easily finding the answer.

Regards,

Sushil Kumar

10 Replies
Dana_Baldwin
Support
Support

Hi @kamal0475 

I am not sure at this moment. The documentation for version 2023.5 only mentions support for Redhat Enterprise Linux 8.x or compatible, but the release notes for version 2023.11 state that as of the 2023.5 version, the minimum supported version will be Redhat 8.x. I am checking into this to get more information.

Thanks,

Dana

Dana_Baldwin
Support
Support

Hi @kamal0475 

R & D is in the process of certifying Red Hat Enterprise 9.x but it is still work in progress.

Thanks,

Dana

kamal0475
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thank you Dana. The info is really helpful. 

john_wang
Support
Support

Hello @kamal0475 ,

Besides @Dana_Baldwin comment, I'd like to add more information about RHEL 9.x: There are some major changes between RHEL 8 and RHEL 9. For example the system folder "/etc/init.d" was not there by default in RHEL 9.x. However Replicate needs this folder (to put some script files) and that causes the installation failure. We may manually create the folder to 'fix' the issue however we need complete QA and certification by R&D. It's in progress now.

Hope this helps.

John.

Help users find answers! Do not forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!
SushilKumar
Support
Support

Hello team,

If our response has been helpful, please consider clicking "Accept as Solution". This will assist other users in easily finding the answer.

Regards,

Sushil Kumar

kamal0475
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thank you John/Dana. The info is helpful and provides answer to my question. 

john_wang
Support
Support

thank you so much @kamal0475 for your feedback!

ravinadimpalli
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi,

Is there a update on R&D certifying RHEL 9.

Regards

Ravi

SushilKumar
Support
Support

Hello Team,

RHEL is not certified yet. request you to please follow community link you will be informed when it is certified for RHEL 9

Regards,

Sushil Kumar