Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Laura_NJ
Contributor II
Contributor II

For connecting to Oracle database why do I need V$LOG permission

I would like use Qlik replicated for 1 table view to do daily full load.  CDC will be off.  DBA wants to grant only the minimum permissions needed.  No access to ASM will be given.  Why do I need V$LOG permission?  

What are the minimum required permissions if not doing CDC?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
john_wang
Support
Support

Hello @Laura_NJ ,

Thanks for reaching out to Qlik Community!

If I understood correctly, you are meaning a warning message in the Oracle source endpoint "Test Connection" operation:

• SYS-E-HTTPFAIL, Select permission check failed for V$LOG.
  • SYS,GENERAL_EXCEPTION,Select permission check failed for V$LOG,ORA-00942: table or view does not exist

john_wang_0-1707535499777.png

This is the default behavior of the endpoint permission verification for Oracle source CDC functionality. This warning message does not impact the Full Load ONLY task (for both tables and views replication) running.

Hope this helps.

John.

Help users find answers! Do not forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

7 Replies
john_wang
Support
Support

Hello @Laura_NJ ,

Thanks for reaching out to Qlik Community!

If I understood correctly, you are meaning a warning message in the Oracle source endpoint "Test Connection" operation:

• SYS-E-HTTPFAIL, Select permission check failed for V$LOG.
  • SYS,GENERAL_EXCEPTION,Select permission check failed for V$LOG,ORA-00942: table or view does not exist

john_wang_0-1707535499777.png

This is the default behavior of the endpoint permission verification for Oracle source CDC functionality. This warning message does not impact the Full Load ONLY task (for both tables and views replication) running.

Hope this helps.

John.

Help users find answers! Do not forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!
Laura_NJ
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thank you!

NTHUN
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hello @john_wang ,
I have the same problem in QCDI. I cannot create a connection to an oracle database because the user does not have the required permission (V&LOG etc.).
Can I still create a connection for a full load or are the permissions absolutely necessary? How do I set the connection to only do a full load?

Best regards

john_wang
Support
Support

Hello @NTHUN ,

Full Load task need not the V$LOG permission, the task should run fine without it. How about if you simply ignore the warning and go ahead with the setup?

thanks,

John.

NTHUN
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hello @john_wang,

how can I ignore the warning? It makes no difference whether I test or try to create the connection. I just get the message and can only choose "Close". Do you have any idea?

NTHUN_0-1708431024545.png

Thank you!

john_wang
Support
Support

Hello @NTHUN ,

Seems you are hitting error on another object, SYS.OBJ$, it's different than V&LOG.

In Oracle SYS.OBJ$ is a basic system table, it contains all objects include tables, views etc. The permission is need for this system table. Please grant the access to it.

Hope this helps.

John.

SushilKumar
Support
Support

Hello Team,

to add to the previous comments. SYS.OBJ$ is referred to get the object id assigned by the database. during the change processing/Execution plan and ongoing operation on the tables  in the memory object_id comes into the picture as participating table referred by object id not by the Table_name. 

Reagrds,

Sushil Kumar