Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pranita123
Partner - Contributor III

HDFS or Hadoop as target

Hello,

I'm currently using Oracle 19c as the source and HDFS as the target, with the file format set to Parquet. Additionally, I've configured a replication task with Full Load + Store Changes settings.

However, during my observations, I've noticed that Qlik Replicate is creating four tables:

- Full load
- Store Changes table
- Full load with suffix _att_temp
- Store Changes table with suffix _att_temp

I'm curious to understand the purpose of these _att_temp tables and why Qlik Replicate creates them.

Regards,

Pranita

Labels (3)
4 Replies
Pranita123
Author

Additionally, I've observed that in HDFS, Qlik Replicate creates two directories named "Delta" and "Base". I'm interested in understanding the significance of these directories and why Qlik Replicate generates them in HDFS.

john_wang
Support
Support

Hello @Pranita123 ,

Thanks for reaching out to Qlik Community!

Qlik Replicate need to use the interim files/tables in both Full Load stage and CDC stage especially if compression option is enabled. The data will be loaded into these _att_tmp tables first then merge to final target table by SQL likes (the table name is "KIT" in below sample):

INSERT INTO TABLE `default`.`KIT__ct` SELECT `header__change_seq` , `header__change_oper` , ...
FROM `default`.`KIT__ct_att_tmp`

Hope this helps.

John.

Help users find answers! Do not forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!
john_wang
Support
Support

Hello @Pranita123 ,

When it comes to the directories "Delta" and "Base", if I understood correctly, the "Base" folder is used to store the Full Load data, and the "Delta" for CDC store changes data. We can get double-confirmation from the data files name in the directories.

Regards,

John.

Help users find answers! Do not forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!
SushilKumar
Support
Support

Hello team,

If our response has been helpful, please consider clicking "Accept as Solution". This will assist other users in easily finding the answer.

Regards,

Sushil Kumar