Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
IsakBosman
Contributor II
Contributor II

Qlik Sense SaaS - Exporting data to Excel

Good day,

The previous Qlik Community thread refers: Export total straight table to Excel - Page 3 - Qlik Community - 1620552

Our company currently uses on prem QlikView and Qlik Sense, but plan to migrate to Qlik Sense SaaS in December 2024.

Currently QlikView allows one to dump a Straight Table and Pivot Table to Excel whilst retaining 1) totals and 2) column formatting (background and text colors, etc.). 

On prem Qlik Sense also allows data exports from Tables and Pivots to Excel, but without retaining totals and column formatting. This is especially frustrating for troubleshooting purposes when this said data set could potentially contain "dislocated (erroneously unlinked) dimensions" which, as underlying rows, do not technically contribute to the measure totals.

Will this oversight be fixed in Qlik Sense SaaS?

This will address quite a crucial need in my industry.

Please confirm.

Thank you kindly.

Labels (1)
  • SaaS

1 Reply
OliverArg
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Hi Isak

In this case I use the KlikSheet extension where I can edit the Excel sheet inside Qlik platform and export it. However, if the end user has access to Qlik I recommend leave it there to be sure what the end user would see and interact with them while be on the same page.

https://youtu.be/LtVpR_2tUBw