Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AndyPandyLinden
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Tabular reporting, paging not giving all and incorrect pages

Hi!

When using paging in a tabular report in excel, the paging does not give the expected result.

First all valurs in the dimension are not rendered as pages.

Secondly, when mixing table with a chart as picture, after a few pages, the table and the chart does no longer show the same values.

The exact same error occurs for paging and for levels on one page.

I have the same report on a first page showing it by SalesRep, and by Customer and line chart as picture.

After that a paging sheet with the same expressions by customer and paging by SalesRep, and the linechart.

I don't get all SalesReps as sheets and after a few pages the values start getting incorrect for the linechart.

What can be the error here or is it a bug?

(The expression contains a set-analysis, but a very simple one)

(I also tried to run it with and without filers, but get the same result)

I cannot share the excelfile as the values are actual customer data....

/Anders

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

It sounds like something is influencing the 'selection state' of the pages. When you page or level, basically the reporting service applies selections on the app 1 by 1 using the dimension values of the dimension you are paging/levelling on while exporting the content after each selection. This is happening with unexpected results in your case. 

Look for things that might auto-impact the selection state in the app:

- 'Always one selected value'

- 'Section Access'

-'Alternate States'

Also, open the app interactively and select the same dimensional values. If the results look good on screen, export the results as an image or as data to confirm the exported content also looks good. The interactive results should mirror what you get with the tabular report.  You could also try, removing the page/level and use a filter instead, just to ensure it isn't the level/page.  

I'm sorry I can't add more ideas. If you are able to sanitize the app, feel free to share the app and template here. It is now possible (as of last week) to easily move an app or report from one tenant to another for testing. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

It sounds like something is influencing the 'selection state' of the pages. When you page or level, basically the reporting service applies selections on the app 1 by 1 using the dimension values of the dimension you are paging/levelling on while exporting the content after each selection. This is happening with unexpected results in your case. 

Look for things that might auto-impact the selection state in the app:

- 'Always one selected value'

- 'Section Access'

-'Alternate States'

Also, open the app interactively and select the same dimensional values. If the results look good on screen, export the results as an image or as data to confirm the exported content also looks good. The interactive results should mirror what you get with the tabular report.  You could also try, removing the page/level and use a filter instead, just to ensure it isn't the level/page.  

I'm sorry I can't add more ideas. If you are able to sanitize the app, feel free to share the app and template here. It is now possible (as of last week) to easily move an app or report from one tenant to another for testing. 

Andrew_Kruger
Employee
Employee

If after trying out a few of Jonny's suggestions you are still seeing incorrect report outputs based on task/filter definition please reach out to Qlik Support so we can take a deeper look.  

AndyPandyLinden
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

Thanks! We will make a few more efforts and enter a support case if we still have the wrong data when paging.