Skip to main content
Announcements
NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. FIND OUT MORE

Qlik Sense - Pivot Table Extension

No ratings
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlik Sense - Pivot Table Extension

Attachments

Here I am sharing my last extension for QlikSense: JSPivotTable.

This extension is built using Nicolas Kruchten’s pivot table found here.

I have integrated into QlikSense to work in two different modes, dynamic and static:

Static mode: The fields and their positions are selected in edit mode, and it is not possible to change it when in visualization mode.

Capture.PNG.png

Dynamic mode: It allows the user to change the initial layout of rows and columns in visualization mode:

Capture.PNG.png

Instructions:

1. Unzip the JSPivotTable.zip contents into your C:\Users\<user name>\Documents\Qlik\Sense\Extensions\ directory (where <user name> is your personal user name on Windows)
  2. Open Qlik Sense and create a new visualization app or edit an existing one.
  3. Edit a sheet to include the JSPivotTable object which should now be available in your list of chart types.
  4. When in edit mode, in the Appearance tab you have a group of properties called Pivot Table where you can customize the object:

Capture.PNG.png

Enjoy,

Juan Gerardo

Comments
Not applicable

Excellent pivot extension. I liked the static and dynamic modes examples.

-Mika

0 Likes
Not applicable

Hi Juan.

Thanks for your extension!

I'm testing the pivot table. But I want to change the number format, and I can't.

In my example I want to sum integers, and I don't need decimal format.

If I choose "Auto" I see data like that: "6,414.00".

If I choose "Numeric" option without decimals, the pivot table show data like that: "6.41"!!! 

If I choose "Custom" option, and I type this format: "###0", I see data like that too: "6,414.00"!!! 

I have been reading the javascript files, but I'm not sure where is the problem.pt_auto.png

pt_numeric.pngpt_custom.png

Thanks.

Marcos

Not applicable

Hi Juan!

I'm using the pivot table, but my expression include time, and the aggregation "sum" is round my time. So, my result show just hours...is it possible take way the column total, because I will use the "list unique values" option .

Can you help about this?

0 Likes
Not applicable

Juan, this is great!

Anyway to be able to choose whether or not I want to show totals at the bottom of the pivot table, or be able to manually adjust column width within the table?

Thanks!

0 Likes
Not applicable

Hello Juan -

This is amazing!! Excellent extension just what I needed but is there a way to modify it to only see sum? If I resent it to see sum and than move to a different sheet my settings are back to count. Could you help me modify it for sum only please or tell me how to do it please?

Thank you!!!!

0 Likes
Not applicable

Extension is not working. I have downloaded the extension along with the qvf file. Error Message gets displayed " Invalid Visualization".

Can some one help??

0 Likes
Not applicable

Gupta -

Where did you place the extension? After you download the extension, place the files into the 'extension' folder within Qlik Sense and it should work.

Thanks

0 Likes
Not applicable

Hi All,

how to delete the 'TOTALS' at the end of the table ?

0 Likes
Not applicable

not working for me any help please, when i open sense the option of pivot chart didnt appear.

1.png

0 Likes
Not applicable

Hi -

Please unzip the file again for pivot table than copy all data into extension folder. You should see all the javascript files also.

Thanks

0 Likes
Version history
Last update:
‎2014-09-04 07:33 PM
Updated by: