Re: [QlikSense] Extension development "error from engine"
Thanks again for your answer.
In my App, ‘HelloVar’ is initialized from Navigation -> Load Data. That’s why it is not in the extension code, but maybe I sent you an old version.
I don’t know if you have the same behavior but after 4 or 5 clicks in my browser (Firefox), the sum and selected Year both update but the curve doesn’t, and I make sure I don’t make the updates quickly. So I think the framework doesn’t handle very well this abort.
I tried it in the Qlik Sense Desktop and the behavior is not the same, the abort seems better handled.
the selectValues call will trigger an evaluation of the chart in the test application (testExt.qvf) ... then the setContent call will trigger an abort on that evaluation. The client will not ask for a new layout in that case (possible client bug) and the Engine will not invalidate the chart during the setContent call (possible engine bug)
The work around is to switch the order of the calls ... instead write like this: