Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mokitsu61
Creator
Creator

Access logs of QVD without Access Points.

Hi,

I'm trying to get access logs of QVDs.

In my Qlik environment, analysts touch their QVW on their Desktop without Access Points, and those QVW accesses to QVDs that are on Windows file server.

I think analyzing Windows Event Logs (event id:4663) is the only way for getting access logs of QVDs in this situation.

Does any have any ideas for it?

Thank you.

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mokitsu61
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi,

Thank you for your replying.

I've decided to make analysis with Windows Event Logs (Event ID:4663).

I made a Power Shell script to export Windows Event Logs in CSV and QVD to analyze those CSVs.

I believe it works.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
shiveshsingh
Master
Master

May be Monitoring Apps Dashboard can help you.

mokitsu61
Creator
Creator
Author

I think [Monitoring Apps Dashboard] works on QlikView Server logs.

In my QlikView environment, QlikView Server (Publisher) works only for creating QVDs and Access Points is not running. Each analysts refer QVWs on their QlikView Desktop, it means that every communications between QVW and QVD are not on QlikView Server. I think QlikView Server does not out any logs in this situation.

This is the reason why I'm trying to.

shiveshsingh
Master
Master

Okay, i missed that part. 

I need to explore on this now 😄

Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

QVDs themselves do not have access logs. 

They generate reload logs when set up to do so (meaning when the .qvd itself is being reloaded), but will not log whether or not someone uses them to pull in data, if that is what you are attempting to find out.

The individual .qvw files with the script in them that access the .qvds will have that information in them though, and it would be possible to analyse the document logs of them.

Otherwise using a Windows, therefore 3rd party, process monitor to see what process/user is accessing the .qvd files is the only other thing that comes to mind. 

Not saying I am not missing any other possible ways to do this, but that is all I could think of right now 🙂

Don't forget to Like posts and use the "Accept as Solution" button on content that answered your question! Thanks 🙂
mokitsu61
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi,

I've decided to make analysis with Windows Event Logs (Event ID:4663).

I made a Power Shell script to export Windows Event Logs in CSV and QVD to analyze those CSVs.

I believe it works.