Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sebastianQlik
Contributor III
Contributor III

After 12.60 Update SR1 - Accesspoint is empty, but reports apparently available.

Hello, 

after Server Update to QlikView 12.60 SR1 the Access Point is empty, but reports apparently available. All Categories  (with number of all reports) are available. see attachment

Any idea?

regards, Sebastian

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Sebastian,

This is a know issue and is caused by the installer not updating all files.  Check the file dates in the following folders for old dates.

C:\Program Files\QlikView\Web

C:\Program Files\QlikView\Server\QlikViewClients\QlikViewAjax

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.

View solution in original post

alexandra_dh
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hello,

Tahnks you for your post beacause it really helped us !!

I share my expérience hoping it could help some other people.

We had the same problem when upgrading from qlikview April 2019 to May 2021.

We could connect to accesspoint, the category showed many documents but no one was visible on accesspoint. 

On a test server we have completely uninstall/reinstall the product (version May 2022) and we had no more problem on accesspoint. But we didn't want to do the same on production Servers.

Bill said it could come from a file thats was not updated when upgrading and indeed, that was the problem.

We have copied the Qlikview\Web folder from out testServer to the ProductionServer and it was OK !

We have made many test and find that it was the "index.htm" file that caused this problem. If we replace this file from our testServer, Accesspoint is OK .

View solution in original post

14 Replies
Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

Hi @sebastianQlik . When changing the categories, you are still not seeing anything?

When  using the Developer Tools in the browser, are you seeing any error? 
And using another browser?

Daniele - Principal Technical Support Engineer & SaaS Support Coordinator at Qlik
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.
sebastianQlik
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi!

no error with developer tools. Same result with other browsers (chrome, ie)

I also noticed that in QMC -> Documents -> User Documents exists a directory with a red star. The content of the "Root Folder" is shown here. Mounted folder does not exist! See next attachment

Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

Thanks @sebastianQlik : where are the files/folders hosted? A local drive? A Windows share? Anything else? 
Can you try moving the folders to a different drive?

Also, what happens if you use a desktop client and do "Open In Server"? Are you able to see and open the files there?

Daniele - Principal Technical Support Engineer & SaaS Support Coordinator at Qlik
sebastianQlik
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

thanks for you answer@Daniele_Purrone 

the files are hosted on a network folder. Moving to a new folder did not change anything. 

Opening with  Desktop "Open In Server" does not work for other reasons. 

I can open the reports by entering the URL. They are simply not listed in the AccessPoint. 

I suspect the problem is related to the "defect" folder under Documents -> User Documents

Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

@sebastianQlik  have you already tried removing and re-adding the mounted folder, I guess.

By "network folder" do you mean a regular Windows share, or is it something else (NAS, or else)?

Are you caching the list of documents? https://community.qlik.com/t5/Knowledge/How-to-Cache-an-Access-Point-Document-List/ta-p/1713266 

sebastianQlik
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

@Daniele_Purrone 

Yes, i mean a regular Windows share. Works fine and Yes, we chaching the list if documents s described in the article:

<ForceDocListUpdateOnPageLoad> true </ ForceDocListUpdateOnPageLoad >

<ClearCachePeriod>600000 </ ClearCachePeriod>

Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

Thanks @sebastianQlik , let's try another thing.
If I understand correctly the "blur", you seem to have lots of documents in the root folder, which is usually not recommended.

What happens if you:

1. enable Debug logging for the QMS (under System --> Setup --> pick the Management Service-->General)
  2. enable Debug logging for the QlikView Server service (that's a bit more complicated)
  3. create a new network folder
  4. move all the documents from the root folder there
  5. mount the folder in QlikView
  6. ... are you able to see the files in the AccessPoint?

If not, please analyze the QVS and QMS logs for possible errors.

Also, you mentioned upgrading to 12.60 SR1. Was it from 12.60 IR or a previous version?

sebastianQlik
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

@Daniele_Purrone 

we have updated from version 12.40 SR1 to version 12.60 SR1. 

I really think the problem is the additional folder under "User Documents" (see attachement). This contains all qvw files that are also in the root folder.

How do I get this off?

Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

@sebastianQlik , please try with the steps that I described above. Remove everything but the .pgo files from the root folder.