Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

DON'T notify on task fail

Looking for some creative ideas on how to accomplish something I don't think is possible natively. Namely, I want Publisher to NOT notify me via administrative email on the failure of one particular task. And no, it's not possible in this case to simply set ErrorMode to 0 and make the task not fail. I need the task to fail, because I have another task that is triggered off the failure of the first. I just know with a high degree of certainty that the first task will fail at least three times per day, so I don't want to be alerted of that. I still need to be alerted about my other tasks failing though, so can't disable notifications entirely.

Thanks,

Vlad

2 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hey! It's very good to see you around Vlad!

It's not possible natively. Because I guess you still want to know if that task fails for a particular "legitimate" reason (e.g.: the files are locked, corrupted, the user lacks permissions, etc.).

You could use, depending on the logic, another QlikView application reading the .log of that QVW and making it send an alert email only if the condition is met (i.e: the legitimate error above). I know, it's 2 emails instead of none, but something probably easier to achieve.

I have also seen people using NPrinting as their alerting system. By default, they set QlikView to not send any emails. The logs are processed by a separate application and NPrinting only sends the email if the conditions are met.

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II
Author

Thanks, Miguel. Yeah, I thought of going the NPrinting route too. Kind of overkill though. I think I'll set up an email rule to automatically delete notifications about that particular task. Not super elegant, because I'm not the only administrator in the environment, but I don't want to invest too much time into solving this.

Thanks again,
Vlad