Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qwebnm
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Error: QVClient.Execute to 'njvpd160:4747' failed

Why does this error occur?

Let me know if you need confirmation or if you can tell me the cause.

Error: QVClient.Execute to 'njvpd160:4747' failed: System.Exception: The communication with QlikView Server failed (TimedOut)! || at QlikTech.NetClient.QvClient.GetMessageDataFromSocket(Byte[] buffer) || at QlikTech.NetClient.QvClient.GetMessageSizeFromSocket() || at QlikTech.NetClient.QvClient.SendAndReceive(Byte[] request) || at QlikTech.NetClient.QvClient.Execute(Byte[] request) || at QlikTech.NetClient.QvClient.Execute(String request) || at QVSWrapper.QlikViewServer.ExecuteXml(Action`2 i_Logger, String i_Command)

Labels (1)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
anat
Master
Master

The timeout can be increased. Note that increasing the timeout may only address a symptom of a different issue, such as network latency, a slow harddrive, or an application that needs to be reviewed and streamlined.

This setting is only available in QlikView 12.10 and later. 

1. Stop the QlikView Distribution Service service using Windows Services manager
  2. Browse to C:\Program Files\QlikView\Distribution Service
  3. Locate the file QVDistributionService.exe.config
  4. Open the file in a text editor and locate the following section: 
    <!-- Adjust the time the reload engine waits for the QVS to finish writing to disc during distribution -->
        <add key="SocketTimeOutInSeconds" value="120" />​

Note: If the section does not exist, add it under:

<!-- ************ QlikView Engine and Distribution Settings ************ -->
  5.  Start the Distribution Service. 

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Knowledge/QlikView-task-fails-due-to-communication-with-QlikView-Serve...

View solution in original post

Maria_Halley
Support
Support

@qwebnm

You can change the timeout to whatever you want. The problem would be that if there is a "real" reason that the server is not responding, it will take longer for the tasks to timeout and fail.

You need to investigate what the actual issue is. Why are the publisher not able to reach the server?

Is the server stable, is it restarting, network issues?

Below is a troubleshooting guide.

https://community.qlik.com/Troubleshooting t5/Knowledge/Troubleshooting-QlikView-Server-resource-problems-and-crashes/ta-p/1715551

View solution in original post

6 Replies
anat
Master
Master

The timeout can be increased. Note that increasing the timeout may only address a symptom of a different issue, such as network latency, a slow harddrive, or an application that needs to be reviewed and streamlined.

This setting is only available in QlikView 12.10 and later. 

1. Stop the QlikView Distribution Service service using Windows Services manager
  2. Browse to C:\Program Files\QlikView\Distribution Service
  3. Locate the file QVDistributionService.exe.config
  4. Open the file in a text editor and locate the following section: 
    <!-- Adjust the time the reload engine waits for the QVS to finish writing to disc during distribution -->
        <add key="SocketTimeOutInSeconds" value="120" />​

Note: If the section does not exist, add it under:

<!-- ************ QlikView Engine and Distribution Settings ************ -->
  5.  Start the Distribution Service. 

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Knowledge/QlikView-task-fails-due-to-communication-with-QlikView-Serve...

qwebnm
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Can I set the value to 120?

How much can I increase it?

Is there anything wrong with increasing it a lot?

anat
Master
Master

Note that increasing the timeout may only address a symptom of a different issue, such as network latency, a slow harddrive, or an application that needs to be reviewed and streamlined.

Maria_Halley
Support
Support

@qwebnm

You can change the timeout to whatever you want. The problem would be that if there is a "real" reason that the server is not responding, it will take longer for the tasks to timeout and fail.

You need to investigate what the actual issue is. Why are the publisher not able to reach the server?

Is the server stable, is it restarting, network issues?

Below is a troubleshooting guide.

https://community.qlik.com/Troubleshooting t5/Knowledge/Troubleshooting-QlikView-Server-resource-problems-and-crashes/ta-p/1715551

qwebnm
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

If the value is 120, you mean 120 seconds?

anat
Master
Master

yes,120 Seconds