Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hkufeoisu
Contributor III
Contributor III

Fail to update Qlik Desktop License through Lease License QVW

Dear Support,

One of my colleagues is failed to update the QlikView Desktop license through Lease License QVW. After she clicked the Lease License QVW, an message 'The production license has been leased to your local copy of QlikView Desktop for 30 days' is shown and close the QlikView Desktop. Unfortunately, after re-opened the Desktop, it is still a Personal Edition. Any idea?

Thanks

Toms

Labels (1)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Maria_Halley
Support
Support

@hkufeoisu 

Take a look at this article. It describes causes and resolutions for the error you getting

View solution in original post

hkufeoisu
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Maria,

It works.

After completed the steps below

1. Stopped the winmgmt service
  2. Renamed the corrupted repository (C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Repository)
  3. Started the winmgmt service

My colleague can update the QV license as normal.

Thanks

Toms

View solution in original post

11 Replies
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @hkufeoisu,

I'll move this thread from the Qlik Sense > Security & Governance forum to the QlikView > Administration forum so that it reaches it's intended audience.

Suggest that you first check the version (i.e. 12.60.20200) of colleague's QlikView Desktop and ensure that it exactly matches the version of the QlikView Server (12.60.20200).

Ensure that the license lease is occurring against a QV Server with LICENSE_LEASE;YES;; in it's LEF file (a production server)

Does your colleague have any concurrent leases for QV Desktop on other computers? If yes, how many? The limit is two.

What method does your colleague use to initially open a QVW to lease the license: QV Desktop > File > Open in Server? Or, QV Desktop > Tools > Open QlikView AccessPoint? If using File > Open in Server, what Authentication type does your colleague use: Use NT Identity, Anonymous, or Alternate Identity?

Qlik Support knowledge base article/video How To Lease A License From QlikView Server To QlikView Desktop Client provides great information on steps to lease a license and some troubleshooting items.

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!
NadiaB
Support
Support

Hi @hkufeoisu 

Also make sure that when you get the message confirming the license was leased, the same information is reflected in the local Settings.ini (C:\Users\< user >\AppData\Roaming\QlikTech\QlikView), you should see a section with the license number and verify the value of LastLefUpdateAttemptDate

Hope it helps!

Don't forget to mark as "Solution Accepted" the comment that resolves the question/issue. #ngm
hkufeoisu
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Chip,

Sorry for the late update.

My colleague is on leave yesterday. Today, we did two things for her. First, she tried to update the qlik license through her notebook and result is expected. The license is updated successfully. Second, we uninstalled the desktop in PC and reinstalled and update the qlik license through access point again. Unfortunately, it failed to update the license. According to 'NadiaB' suggestion, I went to the local Setting.ini(C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\QlikTech\QlikView), the 'LeasedLicenseCheck=Failed to Read. Error code = 0X80041010' is found. 

Please help

Thanks

Toms

hkufeoisu
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi NadiaB,

Thanks for your email.

I got the following message in Setting.ini after my colleague completed the qlik license update through access point. 

'LeasedLicenseCheck=Failed to Read. Error code = 0X80041010'

She can update the license in her Notebook successfully but failed to update in her PC. The above message is obtained from PC

Thanks

Toms

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @hkufeoisu,

Can you respond to the questions I asked previously?

• Suggest that you first check the version (i.e. 12.60.20200) of colleague's QlikView Desktop and ensure that it exactly matches the version of the QlikView Server (12.60.20200).
  • Ensure that the license lease is occurring against a QV Server with LICENSE_LEASE;YES;; in it's LEF file (a production server)
  • Does your colleague have any concurrent leases for QV Desktop on other computers? If yes, how many? The limit is two.
  • What method does your colleague use to initially open a QVW to lease the license: QV Desktop > File > Open in Server? Or, QV Desktop > Tools > Open QlikView AccessPoint?
    • If using File > Open in Server, what Authentication type does your colleague use: Use NT Identity, Anonymous, or Alternate Identity?
  • Can your colleague attempt to lease a license from on another computer? This will test if issue lies within the Windows user profile.

Also have you reviewed Qlik Support knowledge base article/video How To Lease A License From QlikView Server To QlikView Desktop Client ?

Best Regards

Maria_Halley
Support
Support

@hkufeoisu 

Take a look at this article. It describes causes and resolutions for the error you getting

hkufeoisu
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Chip,

Sorry, here you are.

1) I have checked the version of QV Desktop and it is matched with the one in Server side. The version we installed is 12.0.20300

2) Yes, I can find the 'LICENSE_LEASE;YES;;' in QV Server License LEF file

3) My colleague has installed QV Desktop in two devices. One is desktop(ie, Local PC) and another is Notebook.  

4) Yes, we are using QlikView Access Point to update the license(QV Desktop > Tools > Open QlikView  AccessPoint). 

5) As spoke, my colleague was success to update the QV Desktop license in her Notebook but was failed to update the license in Local PC. 

Thanks

Toms

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @hkufeoisu,

Thanks for the response. I believe @Maria_Halley has provided you with the correct Qlik Support article to address your issue.  Please note that the build version of QlikView Server and QlikView Desktop you are running has lapsed for support assistance many years ago. So we suggest that you upgrade to a supported version (12.70) as soon as possible to ensure your environment is in compliance.

Best Regards

hkufeoisu
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Maria,

It works.

After completed the steps below

1. Stopped the winmgmt service
  2. Renamed the corrupted repository (C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Repository)
  3. Started the winmgmt service

My colleague can update the QV license as normal.

Thanks

Toms