Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
denwo2010
Creator
Creator

IE Plugin for v11 sr1 still work on Sr2?

Hi,

I have recently upgraded our test server from Version 11 sr1 to sr2.

Can anyone advise me if the IE plugin for QlikView version 11 sr1 (11.0.11282.0) will still work for Sr2 ?

Or do I need to get all the users to be on the latest plugin? (11.0.11414.0)

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

They will work, for the time being. However, its always best practice, as with any other software, make the client and server run the same version. In case of trouble, the first thing Support is going to ask (reasonably) for is to update the plugin as well.

Note that, for example, if the rendering engine had any bug in the SR1 that has been fixed in the SR2, the issue will still happen as long as the version differs.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

They will work, for the time being. However, its always best practice, as with any other software, make the client and server run the same version. In case of trouble, the first thing Support is going to ask (reasonably) for is to update the plugin as well.

Note that, for example, if the rendering engine had any bug in the SR1 that has been fixed in the SR2, the issue will still happen as long as the version differs.

Hope that helps.

Miguel