Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Invalid Request : Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation in qlikview

Hi All,

I had installed the QV11.2 SR12 server in remote machine but it was not functioning well. Therefore, I have un-installed it and installed the previous version again(not certain about the previous version).

Post Installation, QMC is not working and throwing below error.

Invalid Request : exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation in qlikview

Can someone guide me through to resolve this issue?

Regards,

Krishna.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

@janderooij, glad to learn that you were able to get things resolved.  Regarding the Invalid Request : exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation in qlikview  message, you would typically perform a restore of the QVPR from a date to prior to when the issue began to occur as detailed in the Qlik Support article How To: Restore the QVPR From Backup or Recreate the QVPR.

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi Krishna,

As this is a new installation, suggest you first try stopping all QV services and then rename the %Program Data%\QlikTech directory and then restart QV services. Then see if you can open QMC and proceed to applying the QVS license.

Hope this helps

-Chip

theokr_natwest
Contributor
Contributor

Worked for me. Thanks.

janderooij
Partner - Contributor III

Hi Chip, 

We deal with exact the same message. However this is not a new installation. Do you have any suggestions how to fix this error without configuring the QVS from scratch with users / groups / reload schedules / triggers and so on?

Regards,

Jan

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

@janderooij 

What actions are you taking in the QMC that result in this error message?  When did this issue begin to occur?  Was their an upgrade to a new version recently, or any other system change?

Best Regards

janderooij

Hi Chip, 

Something strange happened with the machine of the QVS. Due to that some functions did'n t work properly. The distribution services did not start. We received a 1067 error. We could fix that with a rename of a folder.  We had to apply the license again.  We had to fix it fast. I did the rename action you suggested and it worked for us. I could easily move the custom users from the renamed folder but had to implemented the reload tasks manually again. I appreciatie any suggestions to handle this more efficiently for a next time. 

Thank you!

Regards, 

Jan 

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

@janderooij, glad to learn that you were able to get things resolved.  Regarding the Invalid Request : exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation in qlikview  message, you would typically perform a restore of the QVPR from a date to prior to when the issue began to occur as detailed in the Qlik Support article How To: Restore the QVPR From Backup or Recreate the QVPR.

Best Regards

janderooij

Thank you Chip! Your hint will save a lot of time. 

muhammedraleen
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi Chip,

It worked for me. Thank you very much