Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PanagiotisPom
Contributor II
Contributor II

QlikView Internet Explorer Plugin with Microsoft Edge support after Microsoft Internet Explorer is discontinued

Greetings everyone,

We are opening our documents Internet Explorer, using the IE plugin. This browser will be unavailable in a few days. I read many threads and explored the solution which suggests using Microsoft Edge browser in Internet Explorer compatibility mode for specific URLs (for example, homepage of server where reports are published) from settings.

Right now, using this feature allows me to use the IE plugin through Microsoft Edge. However my question is this:

Will this feature still be available and functional (in order to use the IE plugin through Microsoft Edge) when Internet Explorer is disabled/removed permanently?

Thank you all for your time.

Kind Regards,

Panagiotis

Labels (5)
10 Replies
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

@sebastianQlik,

It is my understanding that yes it will; and that the Plugin for Edge running in IE Mode would be supported for as long as Microsoft supports IE Mode. This of course could change. If you'd like more information, suggest you reach out to your Qlik account manager and they can ask the QlikView Product Management team. 

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!