Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vinil
Contributor III
Contributor III

QlikView services disconnecting frequently

Recently we are facing one issue like very frequently our services are getting disconnected and this issue has still existed. Few jobs are running while this issue arises at this time we are planning to receive the alerts like so and so the server got disconnected. Do we have any way to set up this kind of process in the QMC?

Now if any of the services got down until we go and look into that we are not able to know about that so and so services came down.

Please help me out in this situation.

Thanks in advance.

vinil
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

@Vinil Not exactly sure what you mean by services disconnecting, but I am guessing this is most likely going to be an issue with the server(s) in question being attached to a Proxy Server in the environment that is intercepting our .Net web server HTTP calls and that will mess with things in a very bad way, so you will need to be sure there is an exception put in place on the Proxy Servers in this case to avoid the related issues.  The tell tale sign this is the issue is the .Net web services, the QDS, DSC and QVWS are the ones that drop in and out, the QVS and QMS should likely always be online if I am correct in my theory, so if that is the case, that is where I would start looking.  Best I can offer with the information you provided, please elaborate further if you feel I am not following things correctly.

You can check the server(s) for Proxy configuration by going to Internet Explorer\Tools\Internet Options\Connections tab\LAN Settings button.  The only other way to try to see what is going on would be to load Fiddler HTTP tracing tool on the server running the QMS service and run it as the service account, that will capture all the HTTP traffic inbound and outbound to the QMS service which should also provide clues.  I would also recommend putting QMS service into High/Debug logging mode and check the logs when the issue occurs to see what is in them at that point too.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

@Vinil Not exactly sure what you mean by services disconnecting, but I am guessing this is most likely going to be an issue with the server(s) in question being attached to a Proxy Server in the environment that is intercepting our .Net web server HTTP calls and that will mess with things in a very bad way, so you will need to be sure there is an exception put in place on the Proxy Servers in this case to avoid the related issues.  The tell tale sign this is the issue is the .Net web services, the QDS, DSC and QVWS are the ones that drop in and out, the QVS and QMS should likely always be online if I am correct in my theory, so if that is the case, that is where I would start looking.  Best I can offer with the information you provided, please elaborate further if you feel I am not following things correctly.

You can check the server(s) for Proxy configuration by going to Internet Explorer\Tools\Internet Options\Connections tab\LAN Settings button.  The only other way to try to see what is going on would be to load Fiddler HTTP tracing tool on the server running the QMS service and run it as the service account, that will capture all the HTTP traffic inbound and outbound to the QMS service which should also provide clues.  I would also recommend putting QMS service into High/Debug logging mode and check the logs when the issue occurs to see what is in them at that point too.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.