cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anuhyak1
Creator
Creator

Qlikview - AWS cloud

We have recently moved the Qlik view Dev environment to AWS cloud.

Upgrade to:
r5a.8xlarge (32 cores, 256 GB RAM). QlikView Extract is not completing after migration in QMC.

We are trying to extract 317 million records from Oracle table and it has 6 fields 4 of them are numeric and 2 of the fields are varchar and trying to storing in the qvd. When we try to run the script in QMC and the extract is not completing and the log file is not generated.

Are they are any mechanisms to troubleshoot the issue?

why are the tasks not completing are qvd's file not getting created?

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

There are many causes possible - missing access rights to the db (user + machine + any part of the network), missing/wrong driver respectively the configuration, any kind of timeouts.

I think I would just try to load a single numeric field with maybe 10 records. If it worked you could increase the number of fields and records and monitoring the time in which it is performed. If it's not worked you may try to create a new connection with the wizard - maybe you get any helpful error-meassage. If this don't happens you should look within the various log-file (QV, OS, DB, security tools, network, and so on) and also a carefully comparing of the previous settings and the current ones.

- Marcus  

View solution in original post

Anuhyak1
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Marcus,

We have updated the Oracle driver to 12c and modify the script to load in small chunks and the qvd's are creating but the task is failing with no significant error message(QVX_UNEXPECTED_END_OF_DATA: ). Could you please let me know the details on the list of settings are you referring to? I am bringing the  6 fields 4 of them are ids and 2 of them are varchars.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
marcus_sommer

There are many causes possible - missing access rights to the db (user + machine + any part of the network), missing/wrong driver respectively the configuration, any kind of timeouts.

I think I would just try to load a single numeric field with maybe 10 records. If it worked you could increase the number of fields and records and monitoring the time in which it is performed. If it's not worked you may try to create a new connection with the wizard - maybe you get any helpful error-meassage. If this don't happens you should look within the various log-file (QV, OS, DB, security tools, network, and so on) and also a carefully comparing of the previous settings and the current ones.

- Marcus  

Anuhyak1
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Marcus,

We have updated the Oracle driver to 12c and modify the script to load in small chunks and the qvd's are creating but the task is failing with no significant error message(QVX_UNEXPECTED_END_OF_DATA: ). Could you please let me know the details on the list of settings are you referring to? I am bringing the  6 fields 4 of them are ids and 2 of them are varchars.

marcus_sommer

That you could get data in smaller chunks is a very good sign that nearly everything worked like it should. There are already many postings about your mentioned error-message of QVX_UNEXPECTED_END_OF_DATA. AFAIK it's not a special oracle-issue else a more generic error and means probably that the task runs into any timeout and/or that the success/finish messages is missing or wrong. I think if you search through some of the mentioned postings here:

Search the Community - Qlik Community

you will find a lot of hints where to look for the wrong configurations.

- Marcus