Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KenAdams
Creator
Creator

Qlikview Licence Lease Error in Qlikview Desktop

Hi All,

I am trying to Lease Qlikview licence but when i tried connecting to the server  "Failed to reach to the server, switching to the https tunnelling, connected to the server Ok, negotiation timed out " error i checked the port 4747 is opened on my machine as well as on server, other users are able to lease licence without any error, please help as its urgent 

Labels (1)
33 Replies
Maria_Halley
Support
Support

@KenAdams 

Have you checked so the new user has professional/User CAL?

KenAdams
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi,

Are you saying if enough user cal's are available? And we have dynamic cal's assignment enabled, if so, then can assign user cal manually, will it help, or user needs to get cal' s assign dynamically?

Maria_Halley
Support
Support

@KenAdams 

The user have to have a UserCal before they lease a license. As far as I know dynamic license will not be assigned. 

It shouldn't matter if the user got  UserCal via dynamic allocation or via direct assignment. But again they should be assigned before leasing. So check they are in the list  for assigned user/named Cals. (or professional for SLK)

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @KenAdams,

Is there a discrepancy in the build versions of QlikView Server and QlikView Desktop? For example, is QlikView Server running version May 2022 (12.70) and QlikView Desktop running version May2023 (12.80)?

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!
KenAdams
Creator
Creator
Author

No, user is using Qlikview desktop 12.7 only 

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

@KenAdams,

If you haven't already, open a case with Qlik Support so more detailed troubleshooting can be done and R&D can be involved if necessary.

Best Regards

KenAdams
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks Chip, since we have checked everything from our end and no other user is facing this issue, so is it possible that the issue might be from user end?

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @KenAdams,

Yes, most likely this is related to the Windows user profile. The license lease process must be able to access %Users%\<username>\AppData\Roaming\QlikView\Settings.ini to add necessary entries to the file.  So based on the symptoms you’re describing and the steps we have suggested that so far haven’t worked, the Settings.ini file isn’t getting updated correctly it seems.

One other thing you can try is recreating this file by renaming the current Settings.ini file and then launching QV Desktop so a new file is created, then try to lease license. Not sure if this will work or not, but it is a good step. If not, create a support case.

Best Regards 

KenAdams
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks Chip for the help

KenAdams
Creator
Creator
Author

Do we need to check these settings on server or on the user's system?