Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
QGTFS
Contributor III
Contributor III

Qlikview Plugin

Hello,

After an update of Qlikview to 12.9, the plugin when installed for users, does not persist, it works for the day and the next day is removed, it has been tried manually and through SCCM.

We have not found a reason for the issue.

We wanted to follow afterwards the guide about silent installation:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Official-Support-Articles/How-to-install-QVPlugin-or-QlikView-Desktop-...

Yet we don't see the same file structure available and no .msi to copy.

Could you help us figure out what we're missing ? 

Many thanks

Labels (2)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @QGTFS,

In my test environment, I just followed the steps of the previously provided article and can see the QVPluginSetup.msi file.

Plugin msi.png

Did you run the QvPluginSetup.exe installation file so that the files shown in the above screen capture are extracted in the Temp folder?

Once the files have been extracted, I opened Windows File Explore and navigated to %Users%\<my_username>\AppData\Local\Temp, then sorted on date modified and check the folders with today's date. This is where the QvPluginSetup.msi file was located. You could also perform a search in Windows File Explore %Users%\<my_username>\AppData\Local\Temp for "QvPluginSetup.msi.

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!

View solution in original post

QGTFS
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi @Chip_Matejowsky ,

Found it ! Thank you ! The folder was pushed down in the list when ordered by modified date, so I missed it. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @QGTFS,

Qlik doesn't provide a .msi file. You should be able to follow the steps in the How to install QVPlugin or QlikView Desktop silently article to extract the .msi from the IE Plugin installation exe file. As noted in the article, the Plugin installation file can be found in %ProgramFiles%\QlikView\Server\QlikViewClients\QlikViewPlugin on the QlikView Server, or you can download the Plugin installation file from the Qlik Products Downloads page.

QGTFS
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi @Chip_Matejowsky ,

Thank you for your answer. Sorry I was not clear, unfortunately with the plugin the only files we found when we extracted it were:

QGTFS_0-1720681572668.png

And no .msi were found in .rsrc folder either. We also tried lookin for it in AppData local temp when triggering the installation (only launching, not clicking anything after) and we could not find .msi there either.

Can you help us see where we went wrong ? 

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @QGTFS,

In my test environment, I just followed the steps of the previously provided article and can see the QVPluginSetup.msi file.

Plugin msi.png

Did you run the QvPluginSetup.exe installation file so that the files shown in the above screen capture are extracted in the Temp folder?

Once the files have been extracted, I opened Windows File Explore and navigated to %Users%\<my_username>\AppData\Local\Temp, then sorted on date modified and check the folders with today's date. This is where the QvPluginSetup.msi file was located. You could also perform a search in Windows File Explore %Users%\<my_username>\AppData\Local\Temp for "QvPluginSetup.msi.

Best Regards

QGTFS
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi @Chip_Matejowsky ,

Found it ! Thank you ! The folder was pushed down in the list when ordered by modified date, so I missed it.