Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
umakrishnaswamy
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Sheet level section access in Qlikview

Hi Team,

I am facing an issue in Sheet level section access

I have done the following steps:

STEP1:  wrote script like below:

SECTION ACCESS;

LOAD * INLINE

[

ACCESS,NTNAME,GROUP

ADMIN, QLIKID,ALL

ADMIN,MYNTNAME,GRP

USER,SPECIFICID,GRP1

];

SECTION APPLICATION;

SHEET_ACCESS:

LOAD *INLINE

[

GROUP, SH01,SH02

ALL,1,1,

GRP,1,1,

GRP1,1,0

];

STEP 2:  enabled strict exclusion in document properties

STEP3: also wrote conditional hiding in sheets like (SH01=1 etc)

After reload the file and saved. When i am checking the file in local it is working for me and other users as well. 

But after published the same application in access point, i am getting the error when i tried to open the file. 

failed to open the document. you don't have access  to this document. 

Note: When i wrote the same NT name for Data level security it is working in access point. Only sheet level is not working 

Can any one please advice is there any step i am missing . please help me to solve this issue.

Thanks and Regards,

Uma.k

4 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

If the application is not reloaded with all data, you may be eventually opening a file with no sheets, and the error could be because of that.

Test first that row level security works, then check the conditions for the sheet.

Note that

SH01 = 1

will be false if the same user has more than one different value, so instead use something like

Max(SH01) = 1

or similarly suitable function.

Think of what is the difference between local and server, different account names, headers, etc.

shiveshsingh
Master
Master

May be you can use Fieldindex('Field Name', 'Compare Value')>0 in conditional statement.

umakrishnaswamy
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

Thank you!. But if a qlikview file with out any data and have only sheets also facing the same problem.
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Uma, have a look at the following Design Blog post, and note there are further links at the bottom of that post too.  Hopefully this may give you some further help/ideas on how to go about things in your use case.

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Design-Blog/A-Primer-on-Section-Access/ba-p/1465766

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.