Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
janderooij
Partner - Contributor III

Unable to lease a license

Hi all, 

Since several days i am not able to lease a license. The appropriate settings are done. Dynamic lease lease is allowed. User calls are available. Open in server shows no documents. Try to lease via > Tools > Open Qlikview Access Point shows this:

janderooij_0-1614161810457.png

Any idea how to solve this? 

Jan

Labels (1)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @janderooij,

It seems you have the incorrect URL configured for the AccessPoint in QV Desktop > Properties > User Preferences > Locations tab > Qlik Server AccessPoint URL.  It appears you have the QVWS service URL from QMC > System > Setup > QlikView Web Servers > QVWS@ > Summary tab.  If you click on the URL listed in the QMC > System > Setup > QlikView Web Servers > QVWS@ > Summary tab, you'll likely have the same return as you're seeing in the QV Desktop you showed. You'll need to use the URL of the production environment AccessPoint - //servername/qlikview/index.htm.  

QV Desktop AP URL.png

For more details, check the QlikView License Lease Technical Brief.

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!

View solution in original post

janderooij
Author

The solution is to add the WINDOWS user to the usercalls instead of the Custom user that is needed for the access point in our situation. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @janderooij,

It seems you have the incorrect URL configured for the AccessPoint in QV Desktop > Properties > User Preferences > Locations tab > Qlik Server AccessPoint URL.  It appears you have the QVWS service URL from QMC > System > Setup > QlikView Web Servers > QVWS@ > Summary tab.  If you click on the URL listed in the QMC > System > Setup > QlikView Web Servers > QVWS@ > Summary tab, you'll likely have the same return as you're seeing in the QV Desktop you showed. You'll need to use the URL of the production environment AccessPoint - //servername/qlikview/index.htm.  

QV Desktop AP URL.png

For more details, check the QlikView License Lease Technical Brief.

Best Regards

janderooij
Author

Hi Chip, 

The solution you mentioned solved my problem partly. I can login now and see my documents however the QV deskstop still shows 'Personal Edition'.  Any idea how to solve this. I can send you logfiles.

The 'open in server'  view doesn't show any documents:

janderooij_0-1614354823882.png

However i can see them in my 'AccessPoint'-view....

janderooij_1-1614355024481.png

Thanks, 

Jan 

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @janderooij,

Glad you were able to make some progress! So now we can move on to some standard QV Desktop license lease troubleshooting.  When opening a QVW from the AccessPoint from within QV Desktop, do you receive any error messages?  If yes, please provide a screen capture.  If no review the QlikView Server LEF to ensure that it allows license lease. Check QMC > System > Licenses > QlikView Server > Client Access Licenses (CALs) > History tab to see if you already have the maximum number of license leases.  Also review the Qlik Support article Troubleshooting QlikView License Lease Issues and report back if you have further questions. 

Best Regards

janderooij
Author

The solution is to add the WINDOWS user to the usercalls instead of the Custom user that is needed for the access point in our situation.