Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
krishnajamylavarapu16
Contributor III
Contributor III

qlikview failed tasks re-run after pause

Hi Community,

We have several QlikView tasks at our end. The tasks fails due to some network or connectivity issues and we have to restart them manually every time.

I am trying to use the option No. of Tries = 2 but the task is getting started immediately without any delay. I created a pause task and it ran after 2 retries. 

I need a solution where if the task fails, it should wait for 1 min and then to retry the same failed task. Upon success it should go to the subsequent tasks.

12 Replies
krishnajamylavarapu16
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

We have more than 50 tasks. Every time when we receive the error, the re-run resolves it. So, we need a general solution for this. 

marcus_sommer

My suggestion could be used as a general solution. Such logics might be developed in a modular and cascading way maybe in outsourced sub-routines and in each application loaded per include-variables and general called or with some specialized parameter.

The more applications exists and the higher the complexity and by the requirement of a permanent availability of the environment you will need some own efforts to check the connections, network/storage, sources and the data and implement a more or less sophisticated error-handling. Further needed is a carefully monitoring of the task- and document-logging because you need to know the errors before you could fetch them with any logics.

In your case your issues may more come from too many parallel tasks which may try to access the same sources at the same time and blocking each other and/or the applied settings aren't really suitable for your scenario - in regard to the number of parallel tasks, how they are queued, with which timeouts and similar things …

- Marcus

cwolf
Creator III
Creator III

Since I had the same problem, I built my own "Task Watcher" as a Windows service that uses the QMS API to restart failed tasks after a defined period of time.

I've been using the program reliably for 7 years.

The current version is based on .NET 4.8 and works for QlikView 12.10 or higher. Installation and configuration are easy (admin rights are required).

Let me know if you are interested.