cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gardan
Contributor III
Contributor III

All Qualifier

I'm currently using QV10 and will be upgrading to QV11 sometime this summer.

currently I'm trying to write an expression on the front end.   I'd like the expression to show the sum of costs for the previous year and ignore all selections, but still obey two or more chart dimensions.   Normaly I'd use the ALL qualifier for this, but it seems the ALL qualifer is being phased out.  It does not work any longer with more than one selection like below.   I know the ALL was replaced with {1} but i cant seem to figure out how to show all costs while still respecting only the fields I specify.

Sum ({<FlagPrevFYear = {1}>}ALL <TransType,FlagPrevFYear> Cost)

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

The ALL is now a combination of {1} and TOTAL, so the expression should look like

Sum ({1 <FlagPrevFYear = {1}>} TOTAL <TransType,FlagPrevFYear> Cost)

Hope that helps.

Migeul

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

The ALL is now a combination of {1} and TOTAL, so the expression should look like

Sum ({1 <FlagPrevFYear = {1}>} TOTAL <TransType,FlagPrevFYear> Cost)

Hope that helps.

Migeul

gardan
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

thanks, that seemed to help.

my final expression ended up looking like this:

Sum

({1<FlagPrevFYear = {1}, FiscalPeriodName = P(FiscalPeriodName)>} TOTAL<ABCTransType,FlagPrevFYear, FiscalPeriodName> Quantity)

I wanted to let the user be able to select the FiscalPeriodName field but not any others.   it seems to work ok.

thanks!

gardan
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

thanks, that seemed to help.

my final expression ended up looking like this:

Sum

({1<FlagPrevFYear = {1}

, FiscalPeriodName = P(FiscalPeriodName)>} TOTAL<ABCTransType,FlagPrevFYear, FiscalPeriodName> Quantity)

I wanted to let the user be able to select the FiscalPeriodName field but not any others.   it seems to work ok.

thanks!