Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Anyone having salesforce connections issues today?

All my salesforce QVW's are not working today.

Connecting works and it even creates the CONNECT command line but when you click on the SELECT button to see the objects/tables, no objects are displayed.

It was working last night and we have not changed any scripts.

we are getting "Error: Premature end of file."

(and more strangely, we got another email 2 hours after about another QVW failure that does not exists. anyway this is probably another issue)

update 9:24 AM PST. Got email from QV Support

Dear Janet,

We are currently investigation this, but it seems that the error is on SalesForce's side. A number of customers have called/emailed in with the same issue, and there are discussions on QlikCommunity about it going on currently. We are asking our customers to contact SalesForce support for now. I do know that some customers have been able to get their reloads to work on a sporadic basis, which is better than not at all. They've done nothing special to get this to work, they just kept trying. We will update you as soon as we know more.

as of 7:17 PM PST... its working again now. cross fingers that it keeps working.

39 Replies
Not applicable
Author

QV Support said that we should contact salesforce support instead. What a bummer. Our salesforce support has 24 hour turn around and not very good so i hope someone out there finds a solution for this

Not applicable
Author

Us too.  Should have checked with everyone here before changing the security token.  So that probably means everyone who uses the salesforce.dll are getting the same message.  We're on EU1.

Not applicable
Author

This is a bummer. I cannot use QlikView at all today. I cannot find an update and Salesforce support has not made a response to my ticket. Anyone heard anything else? The trust site for salesforce is not reporting anything at all.

Not applicable
Author

Did changing your token help?

Not applicable
Author

Here is my current conclusion:

My server has 64bit salesforce.dll connector and it is FAILING each time.

My local machine has 32bit salesforce.dll connector and it IS WORKING FINE.

Has anyone else had these same results? or am I an outlier

Not applicable
Author

Hi Thomas,

We have the 64 bit server and 64 bit local machines.  We've been able to reload sporadically on the server if we disable the scheduler and manually trigger the reload.  It's really hit or miss.  We can intermittently reload locally (manually) as well.

Not applicable
Author

I am 64 bit and it fails. Have not tried 32 bit, but I am tempted to install because I have high priority projects.

Not applicable
Author

I am able to get a test connection to work about once in every 20 attempts.

Not applicable
Author

I'm also 64bit and it fails. If anyone get the solution, please let me know!

Thanks in advance.

Hnin

Greg_Hood
Employee
Employee

Hi all, is this issue still occurring?   We suspect the problem is SFDC side, but are keen to know if anyone is still having the problem.