Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Automatic execution process required

Auto.bmp

Hi All,

In the above diagram whole execution process we are doing manually on daily basis. I want this process to be happen automatically.

1) In the above SSIS package will be executing all the files and sending .csv files to this x-folder one by one with different times.

2) After that we are moving these .csv files from x-Folder to Y-folder with batch files and we will loading this .csv files into Z-folder QVW files.

3) Now i required to make this automation for all my applications.

Please give me some suggestions for making automation for this process.

Thanks

Avinash

10 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

There is not much information given about your environment, e.g. if you are using a QV server or nor.

If you want to trigger a server task from an external system, you can use EDX trigger:

Using EDX in QlikView 11

If you then want to copy files / run batch files from QV environment, you can use a supporting server task or use an EXECUTE statement from a QV load script.

qlikviewwizard
Master II
Master II

Hi AvinashKuraku

If you want to move the files of X-Folder to Y-Folder and Y-Folder to Z-Folder you can use batch files and run the batch files through windows task scheduler.

Hope this will help you.

prashantbaste
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi

You can write Batch File to copy files from one folder to another & also to reload QVW files.

As follow -

1. Write below code into one of notepad file

copy "X Folder\A.scv" "Y Folder\"

copy "X Folder\B.scv" "Y Folder\"

copy "X Folder\C.scv" "Y Folder\"

"C:\Program Files\QlikView\qv.exe" /R "\QV_Application_A.qvw"

Exit

Save this file as .bat & set it into Windows scheduler.

Also I hope you want to store A.QVD, B.QVD & C.QVD into Z Folder (you have mentioned qvw & not qvd). This can be done with in A.qvw , B.qvw & C.qvw so that whenever these files will be reloaded QVDs will get updated automatically  at desired/mentioned folder.

Hope this will be helpful for you.

--

Regards,

Prashant P Baste

qlikviewwizard
Master II
Master II

Hi AvinashKuraku ,

Please check my document here.

Batch file script to reload Qlikview Applications

Hope it will help you.

Not applicable
Author

Presently we are doing through batch files only.

my Question is in x-folder for today one one files i generated and that only should process in the automation. other files should not run or move to other folder.

suppose in x-folder there are three files only and one file generated A.csv and other files B.csv, C.csv are not generated from SSIS for today. So only A.csv should move to other Y-folder and that A.csv file should be triggered by A.Qvw in z-folder. This execution of whole process should be happen automatically.

In the next day in x-folder B.csv and C.csv is generated from SSIS, A.csv is not generated for today. So the above whole process moving these two files B.csv and C.csv to other y-folder and in z-folder B.qvw and C.qvw should be executes successfully. This whole process to be executed by automatically.

Please let me know on this.

thanks

avinash

Not applicable
Author

Hi Prashant,

Presently i am running with batch files only.

Please look onto the below reply for my question

Not applicable
Author

Many thanks For your reply Swuehl,

Already i am using batch files that i am running manually but i want to do automatically.

please look into the below replies.

thanks

avinash

prashantbaste
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi

You need to modify your script like -

forfiles /P "c:\X Folder" /M *.csv /D +0 /C "cmd /c copy @path d:\Y Folder"

This will copy all files form "C:\X Folder" to "D:\Y Folder" & which are modified today only.

Hope this will be helpful for you.

--

Regards,

Prashant P Baste

qlikviewwizard
Master II
Master II

Hi AvinashKuraku

I guess, This is not related to Qlikview. You can do this based on Windows system file created date.

Please search in google for batch file script.