Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Button Image doesn't appear when connected to internal network

We have some Button Images with actions to export to .csv.  They work fine when the users are connected to VPN but when the user is connected to their network the images are not visible.  This is happening to users in China, Russia, Poland UAE and now Mauritius.  Anybody have any idea what could cause this behavior?

11 Replies
Colin-Albert

Hi John,

By default, QlikView does not embed images in the QVW, but loads them as required using the original path to the image.If your users do not have permission to that path, then the image fails to load. Whether there is an action on the image or not is immaterial, this is just the way images are loaded. Using the bundle option means the image is embedded in the QVW. Obviously the image files should be scaled so their size is appropriate to the displayed size. There is no point in using a massive jpeg for a small icon.

Try using bundle. I cannot see why it wouldn't work.

garystrader
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

QlikView does embed images in the QVW by default.  If I create a text object, add an image from my local hard drive, and email the QVW to you, when you open it you will be able to see the image.  The only thing that makes that possible is that the image is embedded in the QVW.