Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Calculating weekly growth

Hi Guys,

I want to calculate weekly growth in a table. I have also attached a file which tells how my table should look like. I want to know that which expression should i use so that even if  change the sorting of data week coloumn, then also the growth should be correct for that corresponding data week. In simple words, my growth should be irrespective of the sorting of data week.

5 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I think you should use the Chart Inter Record Functions, like the Above() function to refer to other rows in the chart table. For example, the following expression: Sum(Sales) - Above(Sum(Sales))

Not applicable
Author

Thanks juan for the reply. I tried the same thing but then if i change the sorting of the column data week, then the growth will also change. I want an expression which should be irrespective of the sort order of data week.

Not applicable
Author

Hi ,

Why don't you calculate the growth in the backend , then sorting the column data week or any other column wont affect the growth calculation

Not applicable
Author

Hi

sum(([Net Amount]))-Above(sum([Net Amount]))

this expression is works

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

PFA.

Regards,

Kabilan K.