cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lockematthewp
Creator II
Creator II

Calculation Time Question

I recently dropped many unneeded fields. I thought that this would help performance, but it has increased the calculation time on many of my objects by a factor of ten. Can any one explain to me why this is happening? shouldn't it take less calculation time as there are less fields to deal with?

2 Replies
dplr-rn
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

thats very weird.
How did your data model change?
Do you have a before and after information for for data model, size, number of columns?
marcus_sommer

Within the UI not used fields shouldn't be impact the calculation-times from the objects but skipping/dropping them will reduce the loading times and the filesize / RAM footprint and therefore the times for opening and saving the app.

Are the calculation-times now significantly longer as before its quite likely that you dropped any used field and now some table-association and/or some loads (joins, exists-filter, combined keys and similar stuff) don't work properly anymore. I assume that a check of the associations and number of records in the tableviewer from the old app vs. the  new one will show the mistake quickly.

- Marcus