Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Can i format vlaues in one column differently?

hi All , I have table with Netsales and % Netsales in qlikview and i want to show $ to value and % to its percentalge value.. The sample view of table looks like this,, can you pelase help me here

ColumnA                      ColumnB

Net Saels                     $ 25, 550

% change Net              % 5.7

thanks       

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

In this case you should use the if statement something like this.

if(wildmatch(Fact,'*%*'),'%'&Measure,'$'&Measure)

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki    

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

7 Replies
MayilVahanan

Hi

Use Num() function

Num(Sum(Netsales),'#,##0') for sales

Num(Sum(Netsales),'#,##0.#0%') for percentage

hope it helps

Thanks & Regards, Mayil Vahanan R
Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.
Not applicable
Author

If you are using ValueList, you can specify which one should be what format. See attached.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Mayil,   I am looking for different format in onwe column of table. if you look at my example above, there is only one COLUMN and two vaalues and i want different format symbol.  $ fr first row and % for second.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Rebecca, Thank you your reply.  if i expect only one column with these two values, like you have loaded inline table with two columns, i am expecting both values in ColumnB as shown above.  and input does not have Percentage, it is just it should show up on my output table.

THanks again fr your reply.

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Have a look at the attachment.

Hope this will help.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Not applicable
Author

Hi Kaushik,,    Thnak you for your response.. so here is the situation, i do not need to calculate expression.. i havealready straight table and all i want is that place $ sign next to value and place % sign next to one cell

so for example here is source data

Fact             Measure

NetSales       20,000

Op profit        5,000

% Sales         20.7

What i want is this

Fact             Measure

NetSales       $20,000

Op profit        $5,000

% Sales         %20.7

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

In this case you should use the if statement something like this.

if(wildmatch(Fact,'*%*'),'%'&Measure,'$'&Measure)

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki