Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Changing background and text color for Column Headers

This is probably a really simple question for someone. I've attached a *.qvw example of what I'm trying to do. All I want to be able to do is change the background and text color of my column hearders to be black and white respectively. I tried changing the background color and text color in the Dimensions tab and expanding the dropdown list in the "Used Dimensions" area but that changes the color on everything in the column except the column header box. The only thing I want to change is the color of the column heard cell. Any thoughts out there?

thanks,

rob

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mike_garcia
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

I don't know about holding the CTRL Key while right clicking, but you only need to activate the Design Grid (Ctrl + G) and then right click on the cell.

Cheers.

Miguel García
Qlik Expert, Author and Trainer

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello Rob,

You may use control key and right click on graph and then select "Custom Cell Format".

Not applicable
Author

Hello Miguel,

Thank you for your reply. I have one machine with SR1 and one machine with SR3. I don't see that option in either version. Maybe I'm missing something in the directions you provided. I literally went to the chart, held down my CTRL key, and right clicked. I do not see an option for "Customer Cell Format"...

rob

mike_garcia
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

I don't know about holding the CTRL Key while right clicking, but you only need to activate the Design Grid (Ctrl + G) and then right click on the cell.

Cheers.

Miguel García
Qlik Expert, Author and Trainer
Not applicable
Author

Wow, that is a neat feature, thanks for the tip. I wonder why they only allow that option when the Design Grid is active. I've never even activated the grid before, but I would like to custom format cells. It even works on pivots!

Not applicable
Author

Mike,

That did the trick. Thanks so much for the tip.

rob

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

It may be only in V9SR1 and V9SR2 but it works with ctrl key and right click as well as activating the design grid.

Not applicable
Author

A great option I never knew existed ... thanks for the tip Big Smile

Not applicable
Author

You can also enable the "Custom Format Cell" to be available all the time with a normal right-mouse click on a cell. Go into User Preferences, Design tab, Select "Always Show Design Menu Items".

You might also change Default Styling Mode to Advanced, then you don't have to set it for individual documents. This is just my preference, it is not directly related to the Custom Format Cell menu.