Qlik Community

Ask a Question

QlikView App Dev

Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView App Development.

Announcements
Join us at the Cloud Data and Analytics Tour! REGISTER TODAY
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Counting Pivot table groupings

Hi,

Can someone help me figure out the two expressions I need to implement for my pivot table. in the attached app I would like the two expressions "# products in category" and "sum Quantity < 50 count" to produce the following results:

warehouse       category       product      sum Quantity        # products in category       sum Quantity < 50 count

w1                     A                laptop             155                           2                                            0

w1                     A                tv                      80                           2                                            0

w1                     C                bed                   134                         3                                             1

w1                     C                chair                  89                          3                                             1

w1                     C               table                   28                          3                                             1

So here, "# products in category" is 2 for the first two rows (category A)  since there are two products (laptop and tv) in the A category. The "sum Quantity <50 count" expression is 0 since none of those products have a "sum Quantity" less than 50.

For category C we have three products (bed, chair, and table), so "# products in category" should be 3 here. The "sum quantity <50 count" is 1  since there is 1 product in the group (table)  that has a "sum Quantity" of 28 (less than 50)

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi ,

PFA Qvw . Hope that may help u .

Thanks ,

Saurabh

ecolomer
Master II
Master II

Here you have my proposal

Not applicable
Author

Two issues with your solution:

First I can't create the aggregation at script time and drop the original table.

Second I need all rows for w1, C to indicate 1 for the "sum Quantity < 50 count" - Essentially, each member of the group should display the total count of  members that are showing a quantity count of less than 50. I need this information at each row to decide if I should display the quantity count for that row- please look at my original table above.

Can these expressions be accomplished with aggr function?