Data model ?

This data model is good are i should make any changes

Plz Help Me...

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swuehl
MVP
MVP

First of all, you should have a look at the attributes which may have the same field name, but are semantically different.

A CompanyName for example could describe a Customer company as well as a supplier company.

These companies probably should not be linked by CompanyName

See also

Why You sometimes should Load a Master Table several times

I believe you should load supplier data and customer data with distinct field names, but this might depend on what you want to analyze and how your business works.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

Is the Region in the Customers table the same as the RegionID in the regions table? If so, you should link these.

HIC

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Looks fine to me.

Any specifics you worry about?

Colin-Albert

Two column tables can be replaced using a mapping load.

I would create a mapping table for Shippers and then use ApplyMap to bring the Shippers data into the Customers table.

Similarly if the Region and RegionID fields are the same data, then use a mapping table to bring the RegionDesc into the Customers table as well.

Don't join - use Applymap instead

Not applicable
Author

there is problem in association in customer table and shipper table ( companyname)-( companyname) don't associate you can associate based on ids.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

It might create problem because customer table and shipper table is connected with companyname field.

use key-fields to connect tables.

pratap6699
Creator
Creator

by using applymap() shipper table into merged into customer table and if any relation between region table gegion field and customer table region,,,,if there is any relation change rename to Region to region_ID

Not applicable
Author

Hi swuehl,

My side one thing i want to know is my data model seems to be having association between tables, but it is right model i mean for star/snowflake schema there should be a fact table at the center connecting to all dimension. My model desn't looks like that.

Thanks

Sai ram

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

My side one thing i want to know, for star/snowflake schema there should be a fact table at the center connecting to all dimension is there any rule in qlikview . My model desn't looks like that.

Data in Region in customer table and Region Table Data I am attaching image And also i am attaching one scenario two avoid synthetic keys for customer and supplier tableRegion.pngCUSUPP.png

swuehl
MVP
MVP

First of all, you should have a look at the attributes which may have the same field name, but are semantically different.

A CompanyName for example could describe a Customer company as well as a supplier company.

These companies probably should not be linked by CompanyName

See also

Why You sometimes should Load a Master Table several times

I believe you should load supplier data and customer data with distinct field names, but this might depend on what you want to analyze and how your business works.