Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Drill down group not working with threshold

I have a small table with the following columns

Class (dimension)

Billing $ (measure)

I want the Class column to be able to drill down to Advertiser so I created a drill down group called 'Class>Advertiser.  I also have an input box for a threshold (called vTreshHoldSize) value where users will want see any Billing $ above this threshold.  However, it looks like when I apply the threshold to my expression in the Billing $ column the drill down DOES NOT WORK.  So I am trying to see if I can apply the drill down value to my expression but I can not seem to get it working.  Or maybe there is an easier way to do this so I can BOTH have a threshold and the drilldown working?? See below expression...

=if(vYearIndicator='Current',

if($(CurrentBilling)>= vTreshHoldSize and getcurrentfield([Class>Advertiser])='Class',Aggr($(CurrentBilling), Class)),

if($(CurrentBilling)>= vTreshHoldSize and getcurrentfield([Class>Advertiser])='Advertiser',Aggr($(CurrentBilling), Advertiser))

//=$(CurrentBilling)

)

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hi Melinda,

Sorry there is a little modification in the chart.

Please find the updated application attached.

Thanks

Ashutosh

View solution in original post

16 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Could you send an example?

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

It works as see in attached example file.

While I don't know your exact scenario but I believe you are making it overly complex. You don't need to use aggr because just using sum should work fine in your case or may be I am missing some thing.

Hope it helps!

Ashutosh

Not applicable
Author

This is almost exactly what I need but 'B' is an expression NOT a dimension.  You have it as a dimension.  I can not get your example working when 'B' is an expression. 

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I have also taken B as an expression, or maybe I don't get what you are referring!

Can you just explain it a bit by an example. So, I will be in a better position to help.

Ashutosh

Not applicable
Author

Sorry for the confusion.  I have attached  a small QV app (version 10 SR4) where I am trying to apply a threshold to Sales amounts.  Meaning, I want to display Sales above the threshold amount entered in the input box.  But also keep the dimensionality of the drill down.  You can see LineSalesAmount is an expression.

I hope this helps.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Melinda,

Do you want to apply that threshold only to the Sales amount of category, if it is then have a look at the attached application or if still I have not got it then I feel you will again need to explain me.

Please find the attached application.

Ashutosh

Not applicable
Author

Hi Melinda,

Sorry there is a little modification in the chart.

Please find the updated application attached.

Thanks

Ashutosh

Not applicable
Author

Hi Ashutosh,

Thank you so much for the quick response and helping me out with this issue.  This is almost what we need however, we will need to apply the threshold to every level of dimensions (CategoryName>ProductName>Shippers) not just category name.  Also,  is there are way to apply the threshold to the sales amount to a dimension that is not in the chart?  I hope this is clear. 

Melinda

Not applicable
Author

ok thwn in that case, the 3rd chart (placed below) should perfectly work for you.

yes, you can use the dimensions which are not in chart also.

Thanks

Ashutosh