Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Dynamic Trending of Data

Hi All,

Im still relatively new so this may be pretty straight forward.

Basically, im looking to count how many specific items happen in any given time period. Ive tried layering data so I can see how this looks, but what I want to do is using 3 variables. vStartDate, vEndDate, VDayCount, i need a chart that will show a count of items from vStartDate to vEndDate every vDayCount days.

I have a Dimension called CREATE_TIME, and also INSTANCE_ID which is unique that id like to count. I can figure out the better part of the graph between dates, but its the frequency thats troubling me.

I'd appreciate any advice you have.

Thanks

Chris

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
johnw
Champion III
Champion III

I don't think it's straightforward, though perhaps I'm wrong. QlikView does support dynamic ranges, but the problem is the display, which I think is stuck showing the underlying data, which for timestamps is a number. So I think we're stuck building all the ranges and formatting them manually, which is a bit complicated. Here's what I came up with. It's using a calculated dimension for the date ranges, and then does a simple count(distinct INSTANCE_ID) for the expression. I haven't thoroughly tested, but on the surface, it appears to be working.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
johnw
Champion III
Champion III

I don't think it's straightforward, though perhaps I'm wrong. QlikView does support dynamic ranges, but the problem is the display, which I think is stuck showing the underlying data, which for timestamps is a number. So I think we're stuck building all the ranges and formatting them manually, which is a bit complicated. Here's what I came up with. It's using a calculated dimension for the date ranges, and then does a simple count(distinct INSTANCE_ID) for the expression. I haven't thoroughly tested, but on the surface, it appears to be working.

Not applicable
Author

perfect, thanks, this is just what I was looking for.