Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Error in Groups button when changing from Cyclic to Drill-Down dynamically

Hi everyone.

I need some advice about a rare behaviour that I am getting from a bar graph where I use some groups of dimensions. I've been requested to design a switch option where the user change the groups to behave as cyclic or drill-down in a dynamically way. I've already made two tests that I describe as follow:

Test 1- I created two similar groups, one cyclic an other drill-down, with the same dimensions. Later with a button I controlled the Enable Conditional  to show the corresponding group. I repeated this desing for 4 groups more, totally 8 groups. In the bar graph the groups works fine through dimensions but the Group Button do not change, it remains with the same image of the first group listed in the Used Dimensions box in graph properties.

Test 2- I created only one group of each type and with a macro sub procedure I am controlling the IsCyclic property of each one. In this case  everything functioning in a right way, group change from cyclic to drill-down and the button reflects the correct Icon depending o which group is active. Later I add the other groups I need to show and started to get wrong again with the group buttons that do not change with selections.

In both cases the behavior of groups is correct and the problem seen to be in the behavior of the button.

Please any advise will be very appreciated. Thanks in advance.

2 Replies
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Without detail, anything suggested would be just a guess. I suggest that you post your qvw or a representative sample to get accurate and relevant assistance.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
marcus_sommer

What do you mean with "group button do not change"? The control-button to switch the dimension-groups? As alternatively you could also use listbox-selections (maybe a small inline-table with cyclic or drill as values) to switch between the conditions.

btw. I wouldn't use scenario 2 - see: Macros are Bad

- Marcus