Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Experience with a Partial Reload and the effect on the user sessions?

Does anyone have experience with what happens after a partial reload? I know what happens in the load script but I haven't managed to find any information about what happens to the sessions of various users having a session/opened the document on a server after the partial reload finish. Does anyone have anything to share. If not I will spend time to test it myself. I would be happy to save the time though.

- Petter S

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

It doesn't matter whether the file is updated using a partial or full reload. The logic is the same. When the file is saved on the server, the data in server RAM needs to be refreshed.

There are three modes:

1. Client initiates refresh. Some users use old data, others use new. If the client cannot initiate the refresh, session will be disconnected.
  2. Client initiates refresh. Some users use old data, others use new. If the client cannot initiate the refresh, mode 3 will be used.
  3. Server initiates refresh. I.e. next click on client will show result from new file.

Clients using Ajax or older plug-ins cannot initiate the refresh.

The mode is set in Document Properties > Server.

HIC

View solution in original post

2 Replies
hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

It doesn't matter whether the file is updated using a partial or full reload. The logic is the same. When the file is saved on the server, the data in server RAM needs to be refreshed.

There are three modes:

1. Client initiates refresh. Some users use old data, others use new. If the client cannot initiate the refresh, session will be disconnected.
  2. Client initiates refresh. Some users use old data, others use new. If the client cannot initiate the refresh, mode 3 will be used.
  3. Server initiates refresh. I.e. next click on client will show result from new file.

Clients using Ajax or older plug-ins cannot initiate the refresh.

The mode is set in Document Properties > Server.

HIC

petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III
Author

Yes - as I suspected - thank you for confirming this.