Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Expressions in a variable (possible set analysis issue)

Hello!

I am a very new Qlickview user. I have had some programming background and have used tools like Crystal reports, so I understand the concept of where I want to go but am having some trouble.

I have a set of 29 dates, as follows (stripped for brevity):

8/19/2011

12/31/2011

12/1/2012

9/1/2012

6/30/2013

3/31/2013

9/9/2014

6/30/2013

3/31/2014

I have a variable set up which counts the total number of dates (which are items due by a certain date). I can get all 29 items to be counted successfully using the variable vOverdue:

=count(num(ConclusionDate - Today()))

Now I want to count only the number of dates which are past Today(), using the formula above meaning they are equal to or less than zero. However, when I put the expression into the forumla, I still get 29 items.

=count(num(ConclusionDate - Today()<=0))

I have tried using set analysis braces, I've tried using two variables, but I cannot get the condition to match. Ultimatly my goal ios to create a toggle button which will show only Overdue items (so select fields based on the variable), but I can't get past this first part.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

-JC

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Try:

count({<ConclusionDate={">=$(=today())"}>} ConclusionDate)

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Try:

count({<ConclusionDate={">=$(=today())"}>} ConclusionDate)

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Thanks so much! I had to change your expression to a less than :

count({<ConclusionDate={"<=$(=today())"}>} ConclusionDate)

So, if I understand this correctly, we're using 2 set analysis operations, the first is "less than or equal to Today()" and the second is if ConclusionDate equals the results of the inner analysis the count is iterated by one.