Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CNH_1978
Contributor II
Contributor II

Extract data in smaller chunks (loop)

Hi everyone. 

I am trying to extract a table from our data warehouse with approx. 10 million records. It keeps timing out, so the DB team have suggested pulling the data in chucks instead of doing 1 single load. 

Can anyone help in what I need to do to write a loop around my table load please?

The loop will just need to be on the number of records not on a date/month/year or any other field. 

so i would extract the first 100,000 records, then loop to the start and extract records 100,001 to 200,001 etc, until all records have been extracted. 

Thanks

Labels (1)
4 Replies
anat
Master
Master

in data do u have any fields like country or region like geographical data, then extract data using these fields like

sel * from table where country='IND';

sel * from table where country='AUS'

CNH_1978
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi ,

Unfortunately not, its route data (long and lat) the only fields in this specific table is 

RouteID

Long

Lat

Its then linked to other tables on the RouteID field. 

So i need to extract small chunks of the data at a time, i guess based on the ROWNO()

So I would need the loop to start at row 0-1000, then the next loop would extract 1001-2001 etc until all records have been extracted. 

marcus_sommer

I think I wouldn't loop on a record-level else just using a rounding on lat or long like round(lat, 9) to get theoretically 20 chunks for the possible -90° to 90°. Depending on the real existing lat/long in your data and/or the writing-syntax in which the data are stored you may adjust the rounding to get rather equally sized chunks.

- Marcus

Davis69
Contributor III
Contributor III

the real existing lat/long in your data and/or the writing-syntax in which the data are stored you may adjust the rounding to get rather equally sized chunks.                                                      QuickPayPortal