Skip to main content
Announcements
See why Qlik is a Leader in the 2024 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Analytics & BI Platforms. Download Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
elie_issa
Creator II
Creator II

FTP-Connection Failed

Dear All,

Please advise why when i am trying to connect to the ftp through Qlikview it's giving the below error while the link to the FTP with username and password is working fine outside the Qlikview script.

FTP error.png

15 Replies
marcus_sommer

Have you tried to load manually, like:

table:

load * From [ftp://user:password@YourFTPServer.com/YourFolder/YourFile.csv] (txt);

- Marcus

elie_issa
Creator II
Creator II
Author

I tried it and get the below error :

ftp error 1.png

marcus_sommer

Are you sure that the used user has really access rights to these file? This meant this user could manually open this file per windows explorer?

- Marcus

Not applicable

same error, and yes, I can open the ftp from files explorer, browser and file zilla,
but not in qv

what could it be?

thanks!

marcus_sommer

How looked the load-statement? And open the file per explorer and loading per qlikview is with the same user and on the same machine?

- Marcus

Not applicable

we were able to generate the load statement manually

something like that
LOAD @1,

@2,

@3

FROM

ftp://user:password@187.157.255.42/Inbox/file.txt

(txt, codepage is 1252, no labels, delimiter is '|', msq);

and it works, but it doesn't connect through dialog box table files with option 'use FTP'

now the issue is to load a file that does not have the txt extension...

marcus_sommer

I must admit I have never used this 'use FTP' and written all my statements manually - therefore I have no idea what didn't work with them.

But if it worked manually everything is fine. To still use the convenient of the table-wizard you could copy these file to a local drive, perform the wizard and then replace simply the local-path with the ftp-path.

- Marcus

Not applicable

I have tried, from local folder it's working to load file.20160628, but for some reason QV does not see any file in this ftp, so even if I run:

LOAD *

FROM

[ftp://user:pw@ftp.ip/file.20160628pw@ftp.ip/file.20160628]

(txt, codepage is 1252, embedded labels, delimiter is '|', msq);

it's not working because QV can't find this file (file.20160628) that not have any extension

the strange thing is that I can see the files from windows file explorer, filezilla, winscp, internet browser, but no from QV neither QSense

marcus_sommer

I don't think that the file-format respectively the file-extension is the reason for the failure. AFAIK FTP transferred files completely independent which one - but it could be that there any rules implemented within the firewall and/or the group policies within your network that block certain actions and/or ports.

I would try a test with a copy from the file which you give the extension txt (now your file had the extension 20160628 then the last point within the filename will be identified as extension) and also to find out if some ports are blocked respectively to add the port to the load-statement like:

table:

load * From [ftp://user:password@YourFTPServer.com:21/YourFolder/YourFile.csv] (txt);

See further: File Transfer Protocol - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

- Marcus