Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zjadoonj
Contributor II
Contributor II

Get Fiscal year end date in a variable e.g 03/31/2020 is end of my Fiscal year - QlikView

Hi Qlik Engineers,

I have a requirement to create a date variable for Fiscal year end date which  always returns last day of fiscal year as our fiscal year starts from 4/1/20 so last day is  (3/31/20) and should change next fiscal year dynamically. We use this variable while loading data for one of my script . Can someone please let me know how to create one? 

before we were using standard calendar variable like below: 

Let vEOYDate = date(num(firstworkdate(yearstart(firstworkdate(today(), 2), 0), 2)),'MM/DD/YYYY')

The above variable always returns Last day of previous Calendar year like 12/31/2019

but requirement got changed and request is to use fiscal year end date in the script instead calendar year. Can some one help what needs to be changed in the above variable to get Fiscal year end date?

Any help will be really appreciated.

Regards,

Labels (1)
3 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Vegar
MVP
MVP

What you are asking for is the the last day of the previous fiscal year. The current fiscal year is april 2020-march 2021.

You can do this by reducing the skew of yearend by period_no parameter to -1. 

=DayName(YearEnd( today(), -1, 4))

View solution in original post

Vegar
MVP
MVP

Yes it will change to 03-31-2021 as soon as your today() returns 04-01-2021.

Vegar
MVP
MVP

You will have this issue  03-31-2024 which is a Sunday.  To get the previous workday you can use FirstWorkDate() function.

=firstworkdateYearEnd( today(), 3, 4) ,1)

Hope this will solve your last issue.

BR
Vegar

10 Replies
Vegar
MVP
MVP

Try something like this

DayName(YearEnd( today(), 0, 4))

zjadoonj
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Vegar,

Thanks for responding. your script is giving 03/31/2021 but I am looking for 03/31/2020 as the last day of current fiscal year. Can you please help getting 03/31/2020?

I really appreciate the help.

Regards,

Vegar
MVP
MVP

What you are asking for is the the last day of the previous fiscal year. The current fiscal year is april 2020-march 2021.

You can do this by reducing the skew of yearend by period_no parameter to -1. 

=DayName(YearEnd( today(), -1, 4))

zjadoonj
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Vegar,

That's awesome and that is what i was looking for. One more question, on Apr 1, 2021 when the next fiscal year start, it will dynamically change to 03-31-2021 right?

Regards,

Vegar
MVP
MVP

Yes it will change to 03-31-2021 as soon as your today() returns 04-01-2021.

zjadoonj
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thats great. Thanks so much Vegar.

zjadoonj
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Vegar,

I ran into one more issue with this if you could help. Let say if 3/31/2021 is SAT or Sunday then we would like the variable to populate last working day of the week which is Friday 3/29/2021. Can you please help changing the variable according to this?

Thanks,

Vegar
MVP
MVP

You will have this issue  03-31-2024 which is a Sunday.  To get the previous workday you can use FirstWorkDate() function.

=firstworkdateYearEnd( today(), 3, 4) ,1)

Hope this will solve your last issue.

BR
Vegar

zjadoonj
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thats great. Thank you so much.