Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Get color of an item in a chart

Hi,

I have a pie chart, say it market shares of competitors. Below that there are deperate pivot tables that shows detail info about each competitor. This part is not important but I wanted to make it clear.

I want to use "color of competitor in the pie chart" while coloring the pivot caption of that particular competitor.

Thank you

4 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

This blog post may help you.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Hi Gysbert,

I read the post but I coulnd't see anything about getting color code of a chart item. It was about coloring of chart items with calculated color codes. Sorry if I couldn't realise.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

It was also about copying a color. Anywhere where you can set a color in the properties screen of an object you can copy that color by right clicking on the color. If you want the actual color codes, click on the color select button and then (usually) on Base Color. You'll see the standard windows Color dialog with the color codes in the lower right corner.

color.PNG

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

I am asking about getting color code by a function and use it dynamically. I suppose that I did not clearly emphasize that.

Thank you