Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stig1984
Creator II
Creator II

How can I use data but not display it.

I have a set of data (below) in which I need to use the full set of data but I do now want to display all of it.

In the below data I need to use class 1, class 2 & waste to calculate the percentage produced, however I only want to display class 2 & waste in tables and charts (i.e.; use class 1 but hide it from view)

How would I go about this?  Dimension limits only seem to refer to numerical based selections (top 10 etc.)

Qlikview Capture.JPG

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

I am not sure what you are seeing, but I am seeing the same results based on Stefan's expression (with addition of the inner set analysis)

=Sum(TOTAL<Product> Aggr(Sum({<Prod_Class>}FPInnerCount),ProductionRun,Product,Prod_Class))

vs. yours

Sum(ALL<Product>Aggr(Sum({<Prod_Class>}FPInnerCount),ProductionRun,Product,Prod_Class))

Capture.PNG

Tried clearing out some selections and did not find any differences in the number. What selections are making the two expressions deviate for you?

View solution in original post

19 Replies
sunny_talwar

Not entirely sure what you are trying to do, do you have a sample you can share?

stig1984
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Basically what I after is the below chart but not showing class 1.  The class 1 is used in the calculation for the percentage so needs to be considered but I don't want to show it on the charts. (overwhelms the key data of class 2 and waste).

Capture.JPG

t_chetirbok
Creator III
Creator III

Hi!

Can you post your data file?

stig1984
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Data file attached.

sunny_talwar

May be this?

=sum({<Prod_Class -= {'CLASS 1'}>}RMInnerCount)/sum( {1} TOTAL <ProductionRun> RMInnerCount)

Capture.PNG

stig1984
Creator II
Creator II
Author

That works well if I have the ProductionRun present in the table.

If I create an alternative table which does not include the ProductionRun (i.e.; dimension is purely Category / Product) then I am getting incorrect results.

Might I be better doing the calculation in the script and creating a variable?

sunny_talwar

If you remove ProductionRun, you loose the ability to look the uniqueness provided by ProductionRun and Category by itself will start grouping up. So essentially if you just have Category, you will only see one of PEPPER, TOPFRUIT, STONEFRUIT...and so on...

Would you then would like to average or Sum or Min or Max the values among differen ProductionRun for a single Category and Prod_Class?

swuehl
MVP
MVP

What you want to do (use dimensional data without displaying it in the table) can be achieved using advanced aggregation:

AGGR...

Pitfalls of the Aggr function

stig1984
Creator II
Creator II
Author

I'd like the sum of the percenatges of product generated per run.

For example (from Excel)

Capture.JPG

What I am getting is (percentages in top table correct, percentages in lower table long way form correct - cucumber class 2 should be 3.24%):

Capture.JPG