Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to create Date Range selection and connect it to data

Hello there, I am new to QlikView and this Forum, I would very much like your help on the following matter:

I am developing a report (tap) in a QlikView file that already contains other reports (taps)

in this report I am extracting a table lets call it table X and in this table I have data fields and 2 of those fields are Valid_From and  Valid_To  ,   now those 2 date fields are requested to be in 2 calendar object where Valid_From is to be Start Date and Valid_To is to be End Date.

This might have nothing to do with anything but a master calendar already exists for the other reports (taps) which I am not planing to use.

1- Could you please help me create a Start Date and an End Date calendar object that can control the content of the extracted data from table X?

2- What is the best object to use to show these data sets? the customer requests it to be in a table format.

Thank you

11 Replies
vikasmahajan

Hii

Find attachment of calender object  -> define start and end date in variables and use this to display in charts.

Vikas

Hope this resolve your issue.
If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution & like it.
If you want to go quickly, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.
stigchel
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Check the code of Calendar in qlikview components made by RobWunderlich

qlikview-components - A script library for Qlikview development - Google Project Hosting

Not applicable
Author

Hello Vikas,

i know how to create the object, I have declared Variables as well, but I cannot get the end and start dates to take effect in the other data coming from the same table

richard_pearce6
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Have you created a data island for this new section of the dashboard? In other words is the data you're using separate (no links) to the other data and subsequent calendar table that already exists?

Richard

stigchel
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

You can use the variables in an expression with set analysis:

Sum({<Date = {'>=$(=Date(vStartDate))<=$(=Date(vEndDate))'} >}  Sales)

Not applicable
Author

Hello Richard,

No this table is connected to the other data available in the Data Model, however it comes with its own set of dates that are much wider in range then the existing data.

Moaath

Not applicable
Author

I'll give that a try and get back to you.

thanks

Gysbert_Wassenaar

See this tutorial video: Selecting Arbitrary Date Ranges

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

This is a very great video but the problem is he uses OrderDate as the one field for dates to build his logic around, the OrderDate field is the one field that is providing all the dates for his report. My problem is that I have 2 fields that feed me dates ValidFrom and ValidTo. They both contain their own sets of dates that have nothing to do with the master calendar and are only connected to the data in this report (or in other words, these fields are only connected to the data in the same table they come with) and i need to use these two fields to create a date selecting range.