Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
spinchuk
Partner - Contributor III

How to find the error of why reload failed?

Guys,

My reload failed this morning and i'm trying to find the reason on why it failed.

Where can I look? What log files would have this info?

P.S. I do not have publisher and the reload that failed in an Extrract from OLEDB source.  This load is simply scheduled via Documents/Reload section.

Thank you!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swuehl
MVP
MVP

I am talking about the qvw application log file, where the script execution log is stored. It should have the same name as your qvw file, optional with an appended time stamp, and file extension .log. Something like YourQlikViewFile.qvw.log

I think it is located next to the .qvw file itself, not sure if and how you are able to change that location. But anyway, I would search the disk for your application name like YourQlikViewFile*

There are more log files, for the QlikView server services etc. but as said I would look into the script reload log first.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Do you have the QV logfile enabled (documents setting - General)?

Would be one of the first files I'll look into.

Regards,

Stefan

spinchuk
Author

Swuehl,

Yes, I do.

The log foldet is: C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\QlikViewServer

But there are many folders in there. Which file do I need to review to find the event log? I assume the event log file will have the error msg of the failed reload...

Thank you.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Relod from client works?

spinchuk
Author

Now reload works, but what i'm trying to find is why it failed this morning.

Thank you.

swuehl
MVP
MVP

I am talking about the qvw application log file, where the script execution log is stored. It should have the same name as your qvw file, optional with an appended time stamp, and file extension .log. Something like YourQlikViewFile.qvw.log

I think it is located next to the .qvw file itself, not sure if and how you are able to change that location. But anyway, I would search the disk for your application name like YourQlikViewFile*

There are more log files, for the QlikView server services etc. but as said I would look into the script reload log first.

spinchuk
Author

I do not have event log in the C:/QlikView directory.

Any other pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

johnw
Champion III
Champion III

About all I can do is repeat what has been said.  You should have logging enabled for the document (settings -> document properties -> general -> generate logfile).  If your document is Document.qvw, that should generate a Document.qvw.log file in the same directory.  That file should tell you what went wrong.  Sometimes it isn't very helpful, though, such as when it says "general script error", but at least you can see where in the script this happened.

spinchuk
Author

Ok, i found the log file, but it only has my script execution history from today. I looked into system/Logging settings in QV Management Consol - the chosen option is "Split files weekly". Where would I specify to keep log file history for more than one execution/day?

Thank you!

spinchuk
Author

As was recomended by a friend, to keep log files from overwriting, need to check off DateTime stamp at the same location as "generate logfile". This way a new logfile will be created everytime reload happens.

Thank you for helpful feedback!