Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marcel_olmo
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

How to get the date a document was saved?

Hey guys, I have a QV document which reads from some excels.

Those excel documents, are changed every night, but I'd like to know via Qlikview if there's some function to get the date a document was saved in order to get if there was an error upgrading a document.

Many thanks in advance.

Regards, Marcel.

5 Replies
brindlogcool
Creator III
Creator III

If the filename is with the date then you can use the Filename() function to get it.Also you can use filetime() function.

Not applicable

FileTime()

Anonymous
Not applicable

Check out filetime to get date a doc is saved:

filetime( [ filename ] )

Eg:  filetime( 'abc.xls' )

Returns a timestamp for the date and time of the last modification of the file abc.xls.

If no filename is specified, the filetime( ) function will refer to the currently read table file.

Load *, filetime() as FT from File1.txt ;

Will return the date and time of the last modification of the file (File1.txt) as a timestamp in field FT in each record read.

marcel_olmo
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador
Author

Thanks guys! But I'm also facing another problem. My documents are in an external FTP folder, and when I'm recovering the file, I get a null value when I call filetime() function :

You can see what I'm talking about in the following thread :

Filetime does not work when refrering to external folder

Regards, Marcel.

brindlogcool
Creator III
Creator III

An workaround would be have the dynamic file name with date(for ex Filename01162014) and you can use the filename function to get it.